1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks
  1. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

One of my ballasts in my biocube just failed me. And Id rather not try and mess around with the electronics of it. So i need a light ASAP.

The plan is to retrofit the hood and for leds or something until I can get a mesh cover.

Wondering if the lovely people of MASC have any spares theyre willing to sell for cheap.

I was planning to go to the event tomorrow if it can be arranged to pick up there seeing as I am pretty far away.

2. andre

andre Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a couple Hydra 26 HD lights I'm selling. Not sure what "cheap" is...

3. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

4. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

So you know im not trying to get one over on you fine folks.

5. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

Cheap is subjective I know. I guess just very reasonable. I live as a poor military man lol. I think my cap is 200.

6. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

If you are an Amazon guy check out the Kessil Tuna Blue A80, brand new for $126. I think they are being discontinued and are a couple of Kessil generations old...but I think for a biocube it might be a pretty decent light. I've never owned one, so I can't really say....but I noticed the price was really good. There is another option for $154 that has the gooseneck as well.

7. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

I wanted to pick it up tomorrow and id rather get it from one of you guys. Keep the money in the community and what not. I know some like to hoard equipment

8. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

The equipment hoarders don't like to sell stuff. :( Ask me how I know?

Just getting a new ballasts will be the cheapest. Have you checked the connectors to see if anything is lose? If you want to still use your lid, then look at a RapidLED biocube kit, or the like - these require some DIY skill no different than changing ballasts. The Kessil or Prime will need the top to be removed.

9. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I have a spare Reefbreeders light I’ve been hoarding. I would be willing to let it go to a soldier for $200. (As long as you’re not Air Force ;) ).

Not sure if it fits the dimensions of the biocube well. Photon 24.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-24-v2/

Let me know if you’re interested. I can bring it along tomorrow.

10. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

Im starting to look at it as a lemon. And if i have to get something new why not upgrade and why not something substantial. I have no idea how old the unit is i bought it used.

11. NightmanCometh

NightmanCometh Copepod

I would love to but the dimensions are 20 x 20.8 x 18.8 inches. Id have a lot of hang time

12. mainn

mainn Registered Users

I've got a 60w razor that I am selling for 75$. I used it on my jbj 30 gallon