1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

neon tank build

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Ambrosio Aquatics, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Tuna Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

my brother really wanted a tank that would glow under uv lights so i built him this AIO neon tank. figured i would share it with all you fine aquarium guys and gals. 20190603_160254.jpg 20190603_160254.jpg 20190603_161319.jpg 20190603_174633.jpg 20190603_175141.jpg 20190603_201827.jpg 20190603_201835.jpg

SynDen likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Awesome little tank. Nice work as always.
    What he gonna put in it?

3. Ambrosio Aquatics

THANKS! he said fresh water........ I say dwarf angler

4. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Make a zoa tank and blues only!

Andrew_bram likes this.
  5. Ambrosio Aquatics

i wanted to do zoas and rock nems for him but he doesn't share the aquarium bug like me and says its to much work......

6. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

love the idea, and craftsmanship.
    hard to tell via pics, but do the orange "glows" wash out anything in the tank?

7. Ambrosio Aquatics

i did the front panel clear specifically to avoid that but if you look threw the neon panel it actually increases warm colors but washes cool a bit. so reds and orange explode! but blues and purples are lost

8. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

i see the clear front, I am speaking of the color that reaches your retina from the orange sides over powering W/E he puts in it. ( if that makes sense, I have had a few IPA's tonight)
    kinda like if you park a red car next to a white building in mid day. the wall of that building will look pinkish do to reflection.
    Only say this because the white lettering on the pump look orange to me in the pic. If he did a GLO tank. that would be (as the kids say) sick AF fam!

9. flagg37

flagg37 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Ahhh, this is what you needed that fluorescent acrylic for.

10. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Awesome! Post a pic whenever this gets filled.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado