new reefer in arvada

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello,
My name is John Hartney. I have a 72 gallon bowfront that has been running for just over 1 yr. I have 2-3 inches of sand, 100lbs live rock and a refugium. My livestock is foxface, flame angel, clownfish, diamond watchman goby, green mandarin, banggai cardinal, red headed solon wrasse and two blue chromis. For clean up I have a conch snail, several turbo snails and a variety of hermit crabs and and a blue tuxedo urchin. I promised myself I wouldn't get any corals till the tank had been running for at least a year. I currently have 4 x 48w PC lights which have not been changed since I got the tank off craiglist. At first I was just going to order replacement bulbs and start trying out some corals. But the more I think about it since I don't currently have any corals I was thinking of changing over to LEDs. Ideally I would like a modular system I could gradually buildup (hopefully in installments of ~$100 every couple of months) What would be the minimum amount of lights I would need just to start with only LEDs in a fish only with live rock? Also any suggestions on modular LEDs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome
Go ecoxotic pros! I have two blue and white moduels over my 90 gallon bow front fowlr tank it lights up well and for corals you could add two or three more! Pics of my 90 with two 19 watt moduels from ecoxotic.

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
yo