1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks
  1. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I had a hitchhiker crab come in through an algae pack a few years ago. Someone once called it a “rock crab”.

He’s grown from the size of a dime to about 2”. He’s in my fuge and is starting to dig around too much. I would hesitate putting him in a display because he’s a pig. I think he would eat any fish he could get ahold of although he’s been with some cardinals for years and hasn’t caught them yet.

Anyone interested? Or should I break out the butter, garlic, and lemon?

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

If it is a rock crab, he could make for some tasty eats once he gets a little bigger

3. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

So, lemon and garlic it is!

4. flagg37

flagg37 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Yeah, I’m a proponent of crab free reef tanks.

5. CrashReef

CrashReef Copepod

got any pics? I love inverts, I would take him off your hands

6. halmus

I’ll try to get a pic.

Yesterday, I went to feed it (cocktail shrimp) and he didn’t appear from any of his caves. He might be molting or he might have climbed out of the tank and is wandering around my basement. It’s happened before. I caught him soon enough to get him wet last time and it was a shallow tank. No sign of him today.

If I can catch him and you want to adopt, it’s yours.