Should I Frag These?

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've never fragged any coral before. My red zoas seem to be growing really well. Should I frag these? In the second pic (that's my firefish Tweedle Dum he likes the camera) that's a frag I just added that I would like to frag when it grows and third picture is of mushrooms - I have a purple mushroom that fell off and is floating in the tank. What should I do with it?
View attachment 8763 View attachment 8764 View attachment 8765

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I would frag em, why not? As for the loose floating mushrooms. In my experience mushrooms are to slimy to glue to a rock or plug. Your best bet is to put the shroom in a netted container or some type of container with some rock rubble in it and place in the tank. The shroom will eventually attach to something.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
You could trade me a purple mushroom for a red one, works for both!

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I'm clipping some pieces of my green pipe organ that seem to be surviving my chop job...want some of those too Nadia?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could glue the mushroom if you really wanted to. I just put mine in an area with low flow for a little bit and they usually attach to a rock.

Have you fragged yet?

Sent using Forum Runner

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;187401 said:
You could glue the mushroom if you really wanted to. I just put mine in an area with low flow for a little bit and they usually attach to a rock.

Have you fragged yet?

Sent using Forum Runner
I'm probably going to give 2Sweet my mushroom its kinda sticking to some coral pieces on the bottom. It's in a low flow area. It's a small mushroom ;) I haven't fragged yet either.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
All I can say is EYE PROTECTION!

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
So great to meet you Nadia, thank you for the mushroom and if you want a larger frag of the pipe organ let me know. It was my first
time cutting it up and gluing and I was kinda scared I'd kill the pieces I cut off. Grows really fast for me under Compact Flor. so it should
do well under your T5s. Nice to meet a gal that enjoys this hobby too!

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;187941 said:
So great to meet you Nadia, thank you for the mushroom and if you want a larger frag of the pipe organ let me know. It was my first
time cutting it up and gluing and I was kinda scared I'd kill the pieces I cut off. Grows really fast for me under Compact Flor. so it should
do well under your T5s. Nice to meet a gal that enjoys this hobby too!
I enjoyed meeting you too!! Everything has opened and is starting to settle in. The pipe organ looks fantastic I can't wait to see what it does! I hope the purple mushroom makes more for you. I will let you know when I frag the zoas :-D