1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Smiddy's Reef 360 Peninsula

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Colored Sticks, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

The time has come to start my 360 gallon build thread. With finishing our walk out basement under way. It is time to start preparing for a 72" L X 48" W X 24" H peninsula SPS dominant reef. I have gotten quotes from 6 different aquarium manufacturers and waiting on one more from Planet Aquariums before I pull the trigger. Honestly though it has been over a month with no response from Planet which is some what frustrating being such a large investment. (PM me if interested in what the quotes were since it seems voodoo to post this information for whatever reason)

Instead of writing all the details about what the tank will look like. I made a CAD model of it so it is easier to visualize:
    [​IMG]
    I am a huge fan of having a bar lip around the tank at standing height approximately 42".

I am also lucky enough to create the storage room in our basement into a fish a room:[​IMG]

Here are some of my old mixed reef tanks before moving to CO:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

More details to come

2. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Here is my reef tank build out of boxes:

3. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are some goodies and a newly epoxied fish room floor:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Sadly I can’t see the pics.

5. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Is there a specific reason you cannot see them?

6. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I cant see them either.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

7. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Looking forward to seeing this come together! Also having issues seeing the images. Let us know if you need any help.

8. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

I am wondering if I need to have them as attachments or just inserted photos. Because inserting the photos obviously does not seem to work. Mobile device versus computer?

9. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

For those who cannot see the images. Here is the attachments

Attached Files:

10. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Test using my phone same image.

Upload
    [​IMG]

Attachment:
    Adjustments.jpg

11. halmus

You’ve got a great stockpile going there! Can see your images now on the phone.

12. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Both seemed to work here. But I am viewing via a computer

13. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Uploaded photos from first post

Attached Files:

14. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Upload to Flickr and link here - works on all devices, any time and any where. The app is so-so, so I avoid it.

15. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

cant wait to see the tank in position!

16. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

As a non-member the pics have to be hosted somewhere and then you insert an image with the url from the hosted image. Members can upload directly to board though ;)

17. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Got it! Thank you

18. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

This is an awesome shelf! It's like the Lord of The Shelves, one shelf to rule them all!

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 7.29.39 AM.png

SynDen likes this.
  19. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

haha its defiantly a pricey one! More to come

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  20. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

The aquarium I have in the classroom is a Planet. That is the footprint I have too, but our tank is 30" deep. They can be tricky to work with. If you requested a quote from them through a dealer it should be fine, but if you emailed them directly to get a quote they may not get back to you. The tank and stand are awesome though so it may be worth the wait or if you didn't request the quote through a local dealer you may want to reach out to one to have them request the quote. I would strongly recommend that you go with the PVC bottom panel as the tank will be heavy enough and that drops the weight a bit and gives you a little less to worry about. Here is the link to the tank if you want to see pics the empty tank is at the beginning. http://marinecolorado.org/threads/aurora-quest-450-gallon-classroom-tank.26610/