The sickness...A few builds going all at once

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So it would seem as though I got bit by the salt sickness. I was some how forced to lie to the wife " I just want a 125 and thats it.". Then I told another lie "Oh I want this 61 and that should be all I need." also buy this point I have plans for a frage tank a 55 tank that I mix salt in and A 10 gallon that I am using to grow macro in and a 55 gallon sump for something and 2 petstore tanks that are "hospital tanks." Then last night another lie "oh I am done after I get this little nano-cube 12g DX" lol

So I never did a build thread on my 61 due to the fact its a fowlr. But some how under week lights I have a few corals growing and now a few inverts. But I bought the tank off the forums here and I bought a 40 off the forums here and combined the 2 tanks.

I bought some single bright marineland LED's for it run HOB filter a HOB romora skimmer and a canister filter and it seems to work well. We got some bleaced dead coral in Mexico for our fish tank and thats the bright white rock in there. Since I can only due 5 pics I am breaking it up a little to show my nano
View attachment 4235 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is the nano I got last night. Oddly I am looking foward to this tank a lot. I had this old chest thing that I wanted to use for a stand for it. When I got it home and put it on the chest I was happy with the way it looked. But the biggest thing for me, I really like the way the rock turned out. When I picked it up the rock was layed out nice but I had a few rocks that I wanted to use but had no idea where. The half clam shell thing fit in this tank and makes a great overhang.

So my plans for this tank are to go real slow frag stuff from my 125 that I really like and use them in this tank.

[attachment=60565:name]
[attachment=60561:name]
[attachment=60562:name]

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;133901 said:
Sweet. An experienced reefer once told me, more tanks equals more work. Leaving less time for enjoyment and less money for nicer coral.
Im finding that my enjoyment comes from the work. Then I really like the soft coral too so they tend to be cheaper. But my nano I am only fraging from my 125 to fill it so almost no cost other than the purchase.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
I know exactly how you feel. This hobby is totally an addiction for me. I started with a 75G FOWLR which then turned into a reef tank after most of my fish died from ich. I was bit by the coral bug when I started my 29G biocube shortly previous. Next thing you know I buy a 40G off of craigslist just because it was a good deal and turn that one into a mixed reef as well. Well then, my corals were growing nicely, learned about fragging and saw the potential to make some of the money back that I was dumping into the hobby and decided that it would be a good investment to start up a 90G frag tank and convert the back room of my house into a fish room. That is where I sit today lol, I still want to eventually upgrade my 75G to a 250+ but that is some serious cash to get a set up like that up a running. I look forward to seeing more pics of your stuff. I guess I should probably start my own build thread one of these days.