1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

What's the word on this Reefkinetics Reefbot?

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Feb 7, 2020.

1. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I'm not always up on the newest tech, but this seems like a pretty worthy competitor to the Triton from Neptune. Although I don't know if it could "tell" something to dose to correct a low reading like the Trident and Dos could do. But I do like that it uses off the shelf test kits like Salifert and Red Sea. I'm not excited about the $900 price tag.

What do y'all think?

16637.jpg
    16634.jpg
    16635.jpg

2. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I have one. Im indifferent about it, i like some parts and dislike other aspects. Tests are accurate (as accurate as the kit allows) it is definitely a young product software wise. But does the job. More maintenance than the Triton, kh director, alktronic etc. Have to change /add more reagents more often if you want to test often.

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I watched a youtube that said they were coming out with 20ml viles instead of 10ml. Would that help? How often do you have it test?

4. Balz3352

Is that for this reefbot or the new one ideal for stores

5. TheRealChrisBrown

From the video I thought it was still shipping with 10ml ones...but they were coming out with 20ml replacement viles. I don't know.

Here is the video

6. Balz3352

I think he hit it spot on if you're testing once a week then you're golden. One thing to take into account is limited space for reagents. And some reagents take multiple vials so you need to plan accordingly.