Where to get tank drilled?

DrBoxedWine

Cleaner Shrimp
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so go easy on me ;-) I'm planning on turning my 125g African cichlid tank into a reef tank this fall (hoping to get some good deals at MACNA to start off). I was planning on using a lifereef overflow (i'm a paranoid freak about floods), but I've recently been reading that drilling your tank really isn't as hard as I had heard it was. I still don't really want to do it myself, however. So, does anyone know of a place in the Denver area (i'm in Wheat Ridge, so i'd prefer NW Denver, since i'll have to borrow a car to move this thing, but if I have to go farther that's ok) that will drill tanks for a reasonable cost?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! I'm sure that you can find someone here in the club that has a glass bit to help you out.

Watch some videos online, get a cheap tank to practice on it really isn't very hard, if floods are a concern a drilled tank is the way to go

DrBoxedWine

Cleaner Shrimp
I believe the bottom is tempered, but i would need to double check that. It's a new Marineland 125g. Thanks for the offer. Someone else PM'd me and offered too. Sounds like I should repost this question in the Fall when i'm ready to have it done.

I read somewhere that bulkheads leaking can be an issue, but then other people say not really. Do you guys have any experience with this? The tank leaking is definitely an issue, we have renters in our basement, so a leaking tank is without a doubt my biggest fear in all of this.

Thanks again! I look forward to being a part of the forum!