Craig - Craigar
Chad - CRW Reef

Agenda:
New Bylaws Questions
Explanations of financials
Juan/Hurrafreak's board involvement

Minutes:
Member and Board Introductions

Review of the reason this meeting was called. To discuss the issues that happened over the 10/5/12 to 10/7/12 weekend. As well as the item's on the agenda.

Discussion of what led us as a club to this point. The ByLaws as they were written were not being followed. Communication between multiple Board members was poor. Communication between the Board and the club was poor.

Discussion of how we as a Board and Club are moving forward. This included mention of the proposed bylaws. Multiple changes were made, as well as board members being held responsible and accountable for their positions and duties. The new ByLaws will be placed on the forums for review and discussion for 14 days. After those 14 days there will be a vote to amend the current ByLaws.

Discussion of club Financials. The meal with Steven Pro and 4 other attendees was addressed. The Board acknowledged the dinner could of been handled better, but since we do not have a policy on meals we cannot hold anyone responsible or claim it was irresponsible since there were no guidelines. This is being addressed in the proposed bylaws to prevent this from happening again. Financials for special committee's (such as MACNA) will have fund's allocated by the BOD to that committee. The committee will be responsible and held accountable by the Board to ensure that the money is spent properly. The committee will be responsible for providing financial reports to the Board. Due to certain events requiring Non-Disclosure agreements, these reports may not always be reflected in the Boards club financials report until such time as it is permitted.

Juan(Hurrafreak) has resigned from his position as Ex Officio and is no longer a member of the board.

Discussion of MACNA 2014 bid. The club did submit a bid to have MACNA 2014 in Denver to MASNA. The board and MACNA committee will not know the status of this bid for several months and will not be allowed to discuss the outcome until permitted to by MASNA.

Financials for 10/12/12

View attachment 9535

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;199056 said:
Those listed in "Attendance" were the only ones present at the meeting???
Come On Man! Where were you? :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would have loved to be there. Unfortunately between 2 jobs and having a baby girl makes weekends difficult to get free, especially on short notice :(

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;199058 said:
Come On Man! Where were you? :D

I was on my annual hunting trip. WAY too many eggs in that basket to not go. ;) Not to mention I didn't get a summer vacation! I was ALL about being there, just impossible on that date.

Craigar;199057 said:
Unfortunately yes that's it we had over 20 say they would be there and that's all that showed
I'm greatly disheartened to see so many people worked up and outspoken over recent issues and yet none showed. That's the internet "bravery" type attitude I can't stand on forums when things hit the fan. It's a "community"...I mean come on, only 4 people besides those on the Board attend, after the disaster over the past couple weeks?!? It's all too familiar as with politics/government. Our country was built upon citizen participation, yet we sit on the sidelines and complain til our mouths run dry and vocal chords give out, and yet do nothing to “participate” other than being a squeaky wheel?!?

It takes strong communication and hard work to make things run smoothly in any organization/team/unit/community/society. Squeaky wheels with nothing positive to provide towards solutions and compromise toward a common goal are completely useless. END soap box. LOL, honestly this was IN NO WAY directed toward anyone specifically.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Damn... where's the 'Like' button when you need one. :)

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;199107 said:
I was on my annual hunting trip. WAY too many eggs in that basket to not go. ;) Not to mention I didn't get a summer vacation! I was ALL about being there, just impossible on that date.

I'm greatly disheartened to see so many people worked up and outspoken over recent issues and yet none showed. That's the internet "bravery" type attitude I can't stand on forums when things hit the fan. It's a "community"...I mean come on, only 4 people besides those on the Board attend, after the disaster over the past couple weeks?!? It's all too familiar as with politics/government. Our country was built upon citizen participation, yet we sit on the sidelines and complain til our mouths run dry and vocal chords give out, and yet do nothing to “participate” other than being a squeaky wheel?!?

It takes strong communication and hard work to make things run smoothly in any organization/team/unit/community/society. Squeaky wheels with nothing positive to provide towards solutions and compromise toward a common goal are completely useless. END soap box. LOL, honestly this was IN NO WAY directed toward anyone specifically.
Evan, I was pokin fun! I hope you had a good hunting trip. However I would have to agree with your statement here, stop complaining unless your going to help fix any problems or issues that "WE" may have as a club. I is also NOT directed toward anyone, but we all have an obligation as club members to contribute to the health of this club.

We all need to remember two things 1. Board members and members at large don't get paid for their positions and put in a lot of time to keep this club going. 2. IT'S A HOBBY! Its meant to be fun.

Thank you to the board and members that keep this club viable and health!

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldn't have expected any better attendance. Most of us are busy individuals that cannot drop everything and attend something like this. Even when we want to. And several stated that as well(I was out of town for a funeral, but I would have sacrificed time this Saturday even though it's my Bday). I also probably could have secured an indoor location for a date I would have been here, and stated that.

I don't really feel that any of this situation has been handled well. Or that the majority of the suggestions for remedying these issues are being listened to. It mostly seems like our current leadership is doing what they think will work and simply discrediting the issues that have arisen over and over. So in that respect, it is very much like our national government.

I did not attack either side throughout this issue. I did not vote for any polls to remove or replace any BOD members. I did ask questions and make suggestions I believed to be pertinent and I did vote the poll about the financials.

That said, it really wont matter what I think for long. After the pm about the Member Audit, I realized, I have not attended a meeting since March 2011 and my membership will be removed. I have never paid for the club dues because this history has repeated itself over and over for the entire time this forum existed and when this club was on RC.

If any of the BOD would like to remove my member badge, please do. I would like to remain on the forum to trade and discuss.

Just my .02 so it wont matter if it falls through a hole in someones pocket.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had planned on attending, but unfortunately work got in the way as it always does. (my wife even wanted to go I am still scratching my head on that one)

Thank you for posting the minutes up so that those of us who couldn't make it could at least see what all took place

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Like I said, my presence was not valued in the first place, or none of this would have happened.
Therefor, my attention would have been a waste, or worse, caused a more of an issue.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well considering it was raining I assumed this was postponed. Should have checked the forums but I didn't. Regardless, Sounds like everything was taken care of! The one thing I standby is that we all need to respect the BOD! They are not paid and they put in a ton of time on behalf of this club- Much respect for the Board and all the hard work they put in on this deal to keep it going!