$10 - Live Phytoplankton! High in HUFA! Free shipping!

$10 for 500 ml of very dense culture of Nannochloropsis phytoplankton!

• Increased copepod population! Great for mandarins and Copperband butterflies!
    • I have a pair of spawning blue mandarins in a 58 gallon + fuge

• Cultured using scientifically proven techniques that increase the concentration of Highly unsaturated fatty acids (EPA and ARA).
  • The culture is very dark green
  • Increased Coral coloration
  • Increased Coral rate of growth

Buy 3 and I'll pay for shipping (Almost everywhere in colorado is next day shipping. I know Colorado Springs is next day).
For masc members I'll include a free 50ml graduated beaker for easy dosing!

The money earned from selling the phytoplankton will be reinvested into equipment and starter cultures for more strains of phytoplankton and copepod cultures!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the original algae culture is from FAF. Their starter culture is pricier -- and a lot smaller -- than a bottle of mine and their shipping is around $30 since they must ship from Florida.

Some people culture using 2L bottles and air pumps but if you dont sterilize everything, and keep it sterile, then there is a high chance that the culture will crash and die.

I'm majoring in Chemical and Biological engineering with a focus on biofuels ( algae ). I've put a lot of time into find out methods that increase fatty acid profiles (specifically EPA) which is what the corals and copepods like.

majicmike;195606 said:
Hey thanks again for my bottle that was very nice of you!
No problem Mike! Thanks for hosting the meeting. You have one amazing tank!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. Thanks for my bottle as well. We need to keep it refrigerated right?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guidelines for Use

Storage

• Keep it refrigerated and try to shake it up once a day.
  • Nannochloropsis had a tendency to settle at the bottom of the container. This can cause the lower ones to "suffocate" and die, this process does take a bit of time to occur though.
  • Smell it before feeding it to the tank, if it smells like ammonia, then it has gone bad. This will take a very long time if properly kept.

Tank usage
  • Feed every other day and start low. If you can space it out it works great. If you can set up a drip system to add approximately a 1/3 cup over the night then that is great. Usage really depends on system size and the owners goals.
  • Feeding at night when lights are out is preferable -- this is usually when corals have their polyps out.
  • Turn off your skimmer for a couple hours when feeding. This isn't mandatory, but helps.
  • If your goal is more coral growth and coloration, then turn off the return pump to help keep the phyto in the DT. Keep the pump off for about an hour.
  • If your goal is for more copepods, then you can leave your return pump on.

Thanks Jonathan! I hope the live phyto can replace the current products you buy.