1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

$135 in Prizes!!!

Discussion in 'Algae Barn' started by AlgaeBarn, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlgaeBarn

AlgaeBarn Amphipod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Just a heads up, we will be donating $135 worth of product for this months DBTC raffle. We are also accepting orders for OceanMagik and Copepods to be picked up at this months DBTC meeting. You can pm, post below, or shoot me a text (720)-310-0130

OceanMagik(16oz) $14.99
    Poseidon's Feast: Hi-Density Tigriopus copepods (16oz) - $29.99 (pictures to be posted soon)

We would like to thank everyone for their support and we have a surprise for the community this coming month ;-)

2. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

:applause:

3. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Can you explain the difference between the two?

OceanMagik and Poseidon's Feast: Hi-Density Tigriopus copepods

4. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Ocean Magik is phytoplankton blend

and
    Poseidon's Feast: Hi-Density Tigriopus copepods is pods

5. Munch

So should they go in at the same time? Or the phyto before the pods?

Trying to reintroduce pods to my new system...

6. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Very cool

7. AlgaeBarn

Hi Scott,

So if you are trying to re-establish copepods into your system, you will want to first seed with a culture of copepods such as Poseidon's Feast: Tigriopus.

Now to maintain a pod population in your system, this is a different question. It's a fact that copepods tend to like dirty, unsightly tanks that have nuisance algae running a muck. This is because their is adequate food for them to graze upon. The alternative to having loads of nuisance algae is to dose with phytoplankton(microalgae). Live phytoplankton will not add to the tank bioload, and provides a complete food source for copepods to feast upon. Additionally, corals are quite the fan of phytoplankton and zooplankton. The blend of live phytoplankton found in OceanMagik is formulated to increase copepod population, feed corals, and improve water quality. Dead phytoplankton are preserved and do not have the same nutritional value or other benefits of live Phytoplankton such as performing photosynthesis to turn CO2 into O2 or consuming ammonia(uneaten food!) and nitrates.

If you PM me with some details about your setup, I can offer a more customized answer.

-Sean

8. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Phyto is good stuff. I am not sure why more people are not running it in their tanks.

as Sean said its food for lots of stuff. corals, clams, feather dusters, pods, rotifers, moina, scallops, and stuff like sea whips. And I am sure their are more.

9. Munch

PM sent...

10. AlgaeBarn

Sorry about that, responded!