175 gal WC station

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally got a water changing station set up! The stand is self made and the whole project took me little over a month to do, I was only able to work on it when I had free time away from work and not entertaining the family. The support for the tanks are 4x4's, I have them on each corner, the middle, and also right underneath the tanks so the support board doesn't bow from the weight of it. I then framed around the 4x4's along the top and bottom to make it sturdier and painted it black. The plumbing diagram was borrowed from someone on R2R. I ran my own electrical and have two receptacles above the station to power other items if I decide to put them in the tanks. The RO tank is currently filling now and half way done. The only thing I need to finish this project is a long enough hose to reach where my tanks are going to be.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks man

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy cow how big is your tank. I seem to remember talking to you it was a nano. Did you upgrade??? What did I miss

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a 60 but traded that for a 75 which I'm now selling because I got a 180 and have a 120 up and running. If anyone needs emergency water hit me up lol

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Decided to redo the plumbing. I had some connections drip leaking from both tanks, one I was able to fix fairly easy but on the other tank I would of basically had to redo the plumbing. So I tried to put unions between the plumbing on both sides of the T going to the pump and wasn't thinking and cut off to much, so I had to redo it all anyways. When I redid it this time I added ball valves coming from the tanks so that way it was easier to shut off the water if I had to work on the plumbing again. And added unions where I wanted them to separate the whole big piece into three so I would only have to replace one section instead of the whole thing.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added a switch for my pump. I didn't feel like unplugging and plugging it back in when I wanted to use it. Feel accomplished now. I got quick disconnects and rubber hose that's 50' long. I can proudly say it's done with no more tinkering with lol.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just did one outlet

I just saw the stand you built and thought, wow, talk about overkill on the support....then I saw your tanks and realized you could have over 3000 lbs on that thing! Nice job! I'm in the process of designing the same thing as a first step in building my first saltwater tank setup, but with only 35 gallon containers. Did you consider using Cpex ball valves? The pvc ones seem to get really stiff from what I've used in the past. Also, what size pvc did you use?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mastover;675737 said:
I just saw the stand you built and thought, wow, talk about overkill on the support....then I saw your tanks and realized you could have over 3000 lbs on that thing! Nice job! I'm in the process of designing the same thing as a first step in building my first saltwater tank setup, but with only 35 gallon containers. Did you consider using Cpex ball valves? The pvc ones seem to get really stiff from what I've used in the past. Also, what size pvc did you use?
Yea I thought the stand was a little overkill but would rather be safe than flood my basement lol. It was a fun build. I haven't heard of Cpex ball valves but will have to look into it. I used 1" PVC for the plumbing. I didn't want to reduce or go bigger then what the pump was originally for.