17x20 AIO frag tank input

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I like the full wall. less dead spots in the main tank and more room for the filter portion for reactors or other accessories.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I would agree with Adam I like the full wall as well. Hides the heater and other equipment.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I see benefits to both. If you don't do a full wall, you can tuck a power-head in the corner, and utilize additional real estate.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Full wall or drilled for a sump ;)

so for a cleaner bond area I would recommend aluminum duck tape, when your using a solvent acrylic weld product it can react with the electrical tapes adhesive side and leave nasty melt/scorch marks where your tape is placed, also a spacer gap would be desirable when bonding to allow both surfaces of the acrylic to have a consistent reaction to the solvent. just enough solvent to vent into and fill the gap and after about 30 seconds pull the spacers(staples work well or smaller paperclips) and allow the joint faces to compress. this technique will usually provide a desirable void free extremely strong bond joint. bond all walls first then bottoms and tops, you may find it difficult align and adequately bond sections that require multiple bond faces. dry fit it all first then approach one bond at a time and allow time for bond to 50% harden before working next bond joint. good luck with your build.

Ambrosio Aquatics;340341 said:

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
thanks, ive built several tanks,never tried staples or aluminum tape. good ideas thanks.
cpt13;340510 said:
so for a cleaner bond area I would recommend aluminum duck tape, when your using a solvent acrylic weld product it can react with the electrical tapes adhesive side and leave nasty melt/scorch marks where your tape is placed, also a spacer gap would be desirable when bonding to allow both surfaces of the acrylic to have a consistent reaction to the solvent. just enough solvent to vent into and fill the gap and after about 30 seconds pull the spacers(staples work well or smaller paperclips) and allow the joint faces to compress. this technique will usually provide a desirable void free extremely strong bond joint. bond all walls first then bottoms and tops, you may find it difficult align and adequately bond sections that require multiple bond faces. dry fit it all first then approach one bond at a time and allow time for bond to 50% harden before working next bond joint. good luck with your build.