200G Forever And A Day Build Thread

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;351636 said:
MMMMMmmmmmmm that rockstack! This is going to be an epic tank!
clowninaround7474;351974 said:
Looks awesome man!!! Can't wait to see all of the SPS hotness in this thing. Epic build on all levels
FinsUp!;352016 said:
:dance: :dance:

Looks FANTASTIC! Can't wait to see fish and corals in it. Holy cow.

:dance: :dance:

Thanks everyone!

I finally got around to taking some par reading today. Par is off the charts, 300 at the sand bed, 480-550 about mid way up, and 800-1000 upper middle.
1650 just below the surface.

I will have to do some acclimating for sure but sps should grow like weeds.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;352297 said:
Where did you get the rock?

I bought it wholesale from SDC. It was not really an experience I would care to do again. Price was good but my order was caught in port for 6 weeks then Fedex proceeded to drive around the country with it for two more weeks, one week of that being in Denver!! They pulverized about 1/3rd of it. Luckily Cris at AA had a couple nice pieces as did Aqua imports in Boulder which I was able to fill in for all the pieces that got broken.

I had to cure it for quite a bit. I need to to test for Phosphates again as there was a lot of die off.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been doing some rework on my sump room. I yanked out the old water change system and replaced it with my Calcium Reactor setup and ATO reservoir for all three tanks. I need to run some new plumbing from the new 160gal vats through the ceiling to the sump for the new water change setup. More detail and pics to come soon.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I might have missed this in an earlier post, but what is that piece of equipment above the CO2 next to the peristaltic pump? Looks like a mass spectrometer.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm slowly starting to set up and add more equipment.

I got the ATO all plumbed in for all three tanks now. Each tank has its own Spectrapure UPLCII peristaltic ATO pump all pulling from the same 20 gallon reservoir which is hooked up to a 100gpd Spectrapure UHE RO/DI with high and low limit switching.

I also got my BRS GFO and Carbon Reactors plumbed in. Each one runs on an independent Eheim 1048.

I have been using Panduit cable track to tidy things up as I go. I have a lot more to put up as I start figuring out where exactly everything is going to be mounted. Eventually there shouldn't really be any cables or hoses visible.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Where have you been getting your float switches from? The ones I've used in the past haven't been trustworthy after being submerged for a while. The saltwater seems gets into the connection over time.

Really clean work by the way. Nicely done.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;354299 said:
Where have you been getting your float switches from? The ones I've used in the past haven't been trustworthy after being submerged for a while. The saltwater seems gets into the connection over time.

Really clean work by the way. Nicely done.
Thanks! I think once I can get all the cables tucked out of the way it will look very tidy. Still allot of stuff hanging out and a lot of stuff left to add.

None of the float switch I use touch salt water only RO/DI. The one float switch for the ATO shown above is for emergency only and sits about 5" above the highest water level in the sump assuming everything is working as it should. Otherwise my ATO sensors are all work off of vaccum pressure sensors. So eve the emergency float never touches salter water unless their is a failure in my ATO which is already set to not be able to top off more than 6 gallons per day.

Even with the return pump off the sump only fills to the point where it barely skims the bottom surface of the float switch. Its really just there for incase something truly catastrophic happen with the ATO.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
How is the cycle progressing? How big were the water storage containers you took out??

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
clowninaround7474;354913 said:
How is the cycle progressing? How big were the water storage containers you took out??
tank has has been cycled for awhile. The rock was cured well so there wasn't really much of a cycle that needed to occur. I've already introduced a few starter fish. A couple wrasses, tail spot blenny, some firefish, and a couple chromis. Everything is doing well. I added a smaller clean up crew last week and they have already wiped out the little bit of brown film forming on the sand and rocks.

phospates are still a bit high .09 but that is expected with the rock I used. I need to get a bigger qt setup going before adding any other fish. All I had to start was a 10 gallon. So that's next. Every fish will go through a two week tank transfer method to treat for crypto and handled accordingly if they show signs of anything else.

The storage containers I pulled out were 40 gallon rotos. They were replaced by two 160 gallon rotos. I'm looking to buy a pallet of IO here soon if anyone is interested in getting in on that let me know.

Things will progress very slowly at this point. I'm taking my time with careful fish selection and strict qt. I don't plan on adding any corals for probably another 6 months or more.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Realized I didn't post any pick of my QT setup. Not that its terribly exciting or anything. Also picked up up the While tail bristle tooth ive always wanted. Hes got a couple more weeks in qt before he goes into the main tank.