50w led a cheaper path to the led world?

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I've been very interested in going led for some tome time now, I was stumbleing around through the endless websites looking for cheap and quality led's "cree,bridge lux,lenox,etc......" and then I looked on a website I found the link to in the group buy forum,right in front of my eyes lol I've been looking at that post for weeks lol. So I neadnerd around that site for awhile ,then I found the 50w 100w and 200w led's. The 50w comes in cool white and a 440-460nm blue . So I'm pretty much sold . And the kicker ITS 35 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's the link to the page , I'm gonna buy it and two 30w drivers as soon as I get my bank card,my old card fell victim to the chase atm .

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
They say they can produce to customer request and provide dimmable drivers, might as well through some reds, greens, and purps in there. It'll be like a DIY kessil.

Speaking of Kessils, I've been holding out on you guys. I know a guy in D-town that is selling 2. I was going to get them, but them I decided not too. I just feel bad for leading him on.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The big problem is I have no idea how this thing is mounted ,so I. Don't know how I'm gonna cool it? Or the size for that matter? . I'm excited I can't wait

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i agree with project your going to need some serious heat sinks for them or at least some good fans.....What size tank are these going over? i would be concerned about a spot lighting affect using these. i can see usinf 3w would help that but do you think you will get some really inconsistent par reading over the length of the tank? It would be cool if you could get some par readings before and after the build also with just the 50w and then again with the 50w and 3w running......hhmm ill be following seems educational

I saw these a while back and was thinking about buying some. I have not seen anyone do a build with them yet but I got my chinese Leds 3w LEDs from the same guy and I have been happy with them. The thing that held me back was not knowing if Meanwell makes a dimmable driver that can drive these. I do not trust the Chinese drivers.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The 50w led is basically 2 x25w led's so you can control your blue and white indivdually(this is what sold me). So you need 2x 30w drivers has to be dimable. Now I was also looking for a digital watt meter I can't find a small one ,did however find small analog ones . Very retro lol

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
deadrock;142739 said:
Well I'm gonna start with one and if I like it I'm gonna put 4 of them over the 75g ,
I don't think you will need 4 of these over a 75g. I have already done some tests using the 30w LED's and will have two 50w 30K LED's by the end of the week. I will post results, including PAR readings as soon as I get them.

deadrock;142809 said:
The 50w led is basically 2 x25w led's so you can control your blue and white indivdually(this is what sold me). So you need 2x 30w drivers has to be dimable. Now I was also looking for a digital watt meter I can't find a small one ,did however find small analog ones . Very retro lol
Now im even more intrigued. I Wonder if a meanwell ELN-60-48D would be ok? These with some blue, royal blue, uv and red 3 watters to supplement could look great...

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well the blue is bridglex's attempt at "royal blue" . I've been haveing some trouble finding a watt meter,I'm not so sure how I'm gonna moniter the wattage and volts? Help plese