50w led a cheaper path to the led world?

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I'm trying to figure out how I am going to moniter the power wattage and voltage,or should I just buy dimmable drivers and say screw it

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok well I'm just waiting on my card then. Does anyone have any heat sync's layin around? Or c-channel? I know there was some of that flaoting around.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my card should be in Monday or Tuesday . I am ordering rapidled's 6x9 anodized black heat sink with splash gaurd I will be mounting it with some aluminum L-channel (idea stolen from another thread ;) ) ,also ordering the 50w led of coarse, now I was contemplateing getting the 21w dimmable drivers rather than the 30w drivers. At 21w the led will be about 80% . That's all ill want to run them anyways, and the risk of accidentally turning the knob too far is out of the picture

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes but I still don't wanna run it at 100% for life of the led. I've read 80% is the best for cooling and led life span. If I need to suplement I will use some 3w led which I am planning on getting some rb's the make the tank "pop"

On another note I am getting excited to see the differance between led and halide . One half of my tank is lit by 150hqi and two 13w t5's . I am planning on documenting this expeiriment hopefully it will give people a better look at the option

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
EPIC FAIL................ . For some reason I can't order from future led so the 50w is out no one else makes one like it so, I am frusterated and giveing up on this experiment

FAIL.

I. Did order some cree's and a 40w inventronics drive which will have more lumen output anyway

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
That is too bad. I just finished my build using 2 - 50W 30,000K LED's and it is AWESOME. Just the two LED's are all I need to light my tank and the color is perfect for my liking. Here is a pic taken a few minutes ago.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I've just gotten frusterated with them I wanted to be able to control blue and white seperately, yours are great but just not what I want ,you know . I want my tank to be very blue and adjust it to my likeing.
I ordered 6 rb 6 cw 2 red 2 turqouise and 2 violet . Just one 40w inventronics driver for now and I plan on getting the dim4 controller in the future when I re-vamp the system

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you looked into aquastyles have heard good things about them. They will assemble if you are not tech savy. I thinking of sup my t5 and look like good price and color combos.