7 years gone by?

Hello everyone.
I finally found the new club site via reefcentral. My name here is the same there and that was registered back in 2001.
As I responded to my welcome letter, you've all done a great job bringing this club to the current level. I was part of the original crew from RMRC when we first started hosting organized frag swaps.

Lemme see here. I was running a nice 90g SPS tank. That had to be tore down and sold because I was about to get married and move. I sold lots of gear and frags/fish to the members here. (At ridiculously low prices might I add).
I managed to keep my Euroreef skimmer, 90g sump and my chiller is probably in the garage somewhere. I'm sure there's a box full of pumps, calc reactors, and dosing machines somewhere out there too. My CO2 is currently driving a FW live plant tank. It's cool but it just doesn't cut the mustard like a good salt tank packed with sps and brilliant fish.

I managed to have a kiddo and he's coming up on 4 years old now. We're moving again and this time it should be for good. Know what that means? It's tank planning time. Figuring that things have changed in the hobby, I thought best to start planning now. I managed to build a nice dart tank with expandable and now I see people using the same things in a tank. Wow! LEDs? Wow!

I'm sure my next tank will be large and I'll probably go right back to SPS.

That's about it. I'm hoping I'll see some familiar faces in the crowd.

Seamatt

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome back. Word of advice though if your going back to sps do your hw with LEDs. Some people do awesome with LEDs and some say your crazy to use LEDs over sps. It's like ford vs the awesome CHEVY. Anyhow glad to see you came back I'm sure the little one will love the fish.

Aztec, if you're who I think you are then I'm about 2 minutes from where you might still live or used to live. Anyway, thanks for tips. Keep tossing out those key concepts like upflow algae scrubbers, etc.
i saw some posts mention Ki's place. Are we talking about Ki that used to be off Sante Fe and Oxford? Ki's island? It's not there anymore. I'm hoping he's still around. Great guy to work with.
cheers!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seamatt Nematocyt;239047 said:
Aztec, if you're who I think you are then I'm about 2 minutes from where you might still live or used to live. Anyway, thanks for tips. Keep tossing out those key concepts like upflow algae scrubbers, etc.
i saw some posts mention Ki's place. Are we talking about Ki that used to be off Sante Fe and Oxford? Ki's island? It's not there anymore. I'm hoping he's still around. Great guy to work with.
cheers!
He's still on sante fe and Oxford was there today. Also have some great vendors that do it from their house. Amazing stuff around here

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
7 years gone by?

Seamatt Nematocyt;239047 said:
cheers!
I used to live right by Coors field , I moved a mile farther north. Where are you at? I'm having the club meeting at my house on the 13th. You should come by

aztecdreams;239083 said:
I used to live right by Coors field , I moved a mile farther north. Where are you at? I'm having the club meeting at my house on the 13th. You should come by
Hey Ric,
I'm south of you in Potter Highlands. I saw you're hosting next weekend. We're moving our stuff to storage on the weekends but ill try and swing by to see you again and introduce myself to the others. I'd like to see this big cube you got.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: 7 years gone by?

Welcome back Matt! Its been a long time. Good luck with the move.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2