96 compact help!!

So I bought this 72 inch coralife 250 metal hilides with 4 compact Florence's 96wats and everything was working and I switch the bulbs and now the 96wats Florence's aren't working there not turning on only one is and I know the bulbs work because if I switch them to the one that turns on they do turn on so does anyone know what's going on can some one help me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mist likely the connections lost their "springyness" as I like to call it. Try bending the socket out a little bit with a jewelers screwdriver if you can get to it. Another possibility is that the termination has corroded. This can be fixed by brushing the socket with a wire brush dipped in coke-a-cola. If neither of those methods work than one of your internal components in the flourescent ballast has failed, came loose, or corroded. Open up the casing and tighten any loose screws, clean all connections and look components that show melting, popped capacitors, smoke damage, etc. And replace any damaged components like - for - like. If none of the above solves your issue a thourough component analysis and troubleshooting is required and needs meters you dont normally see in the home. I would offer to help with the last step, but I dont own an oscilloscope.

Optimists say the glass is half full. Pessimists say the glass is half empty. Engineers say the glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;300175 said:
If ^ is correct, you can try a bit of electric grease.
+1. That stuff works wonders for plug/socket terminations and prevents corrosion.

Optimists say the glass is half full. Pessimists say the glass is half empty. Engineers say the glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine did that too when I first bought it and I cleaned up the connectors and worked great after that.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MTMJR1992;300203 said:
You can get it at radio shack and it's called dielectric grease
One thing to note. The connectors must be thouroughly cleaned before applying dielectric grease or it wont help.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is it a double 96watt cfl ballast... does it run both lamps or just one?

Just one light so it haves 4 ballast in total but I need to replace 3 one still works and it's double ended

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So do you need just one ballast or 3? Compact Fluorescent bulbs, liked we discussed in the store?

V

So all 3 ballast were bad I had two coralife ballast so I cut some cables and now 2 lights are working I just need one more ballast and I'll have all 4 working