AaronP Introduction

Hello all,

Well, I've been into a few hobbies in my day but nothing I have taken to as much as I have this aquarium craze. I'm definitely a newby to salt. I've had a freshy tank for a few years. About 4 months ago, my wife and I went to an estate sale and they had a 90 gallon tank with stand, canopy wet/dry and a bunch of decorations for a crazy cheap price. We decided to bite. At that point, I spent a few days trying to decide between salt and fresh for the tank. I bought a couple of books, read on some sights and in the end decided on fresh... right up to the point my wife said, lets do salt :) So we went salt. Over the past 4 months, I have done my best to learn patience, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Today, the 90 is doing very well with great water params. It's currently stocked with 4 Chromis, 2 Clarkii's, a Coral Beauty, and a cardinal. I also have a BTA in there. I know... It was way too early for the BTA. HE had some struggles but I think he is doing fine now. After the cycle, I removed the bioballs from the sump and added a skimmer which takes some nasty crap out of the water.

Since then, we have moved all of our freshies to a 45 tall tank and have converted our 36 Bowfront to a salt tank. That tank is only about 2 months old and has some chromis and false percs and a couple of mollies (yeah, I know). My wife wants to have some coral in the 36 bow but we're waiting a few months to make sure the params stay as good as they are right now.

The goals right now. Keep the BTA alive. Probably get some larger fish (butterflyfish, yellow tang maybe?) for the 90. I'm thinking a bigger sump for the 90 is in order as well. I'd like to put a fuge down there. Get a fairy wrasse or two for the 36 bow and add a piece of LPS in there in a couple of months.

Thanks for having me,
Aaron

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club! If you have any questions the people here are the best!!

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Welcome to MASC! Sounds like you've got an excellent start back into the hobby. Post some tank pics if you can.

Newest member of the 90g family. An, as of yet, unnamed yellow tang. Thanks Tang4u. She seems to be doing well. Eating, swimming, etc.

Aaron