AC/ Furnace business

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone in this part of business, have any friend or know anyone? My furnace went out for the 3rd time since Black Friday. Called some pros out to fix it but obviously it didn't happen. Since they came out to fix it, our AC hasn't been working as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;648287 said:
I have used Jebco heating and air and they have always given top notch service
Alex does good work. You can try Todd at Streamline mechanical also. Can I ask who went out there and what they said was wrong with it?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
RANT AHEAD

The first guy that came out said that it was basically the mother board that talks to the thermostat and the furnace. He put a new one it and heat came on and stayed on. We went out to to get some deals at the stores since it was Black Friday, came home and then our house was 85

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well it didn't display my whole rant, but long story short my furnace doesn't communicate with the thermostat and if it does it resets it self, and won't turn on my AC.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Irishman;648334 said:
RANT AHEAD

The first guy that came out said that it was basically the mother board that talks to the thermostat and the furnace. He put a new one it and heat came on and stayed on. We went out to to get some deals at the stores since it was Black Friday, came home and then our house was 85
This kind of sounds like a thermostat issue. That's what tells the furnace to come on and shut off. Have you tried a new stat?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea in my rant that got cut short I said we went out and bought a new one. I think it's time to get a new one since the repair guy said its 20 years old and we would be spending as much money as we would repairing it

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
20 years old it's probably only like 70% efficient, maybe 80. Now you can get one that's up to 97. There's Xcel rebates for getting higher efficient furnaces. Plus it will take less to heat your house

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea we are going to look into that. Someone mentioned something about my insurance paying for some it as well. Not sure if that's true but going to look into it as well