"Adverse weather conditions"

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My corals that I purchased online were shipped last night. They arrived in commerce city early this morning and were scanned onto a truck for delivery at around 8am. Then at around 11am I received an email saying that due to adverse weather conditions the movement of my package will resume as the weather conditions allow. My question is if my corals don't arrive till tomorrow what are the chances that they will still be alive? Will the DOA policy still apply if the package was held up due to false adverse weather conditions?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jgonzz;282097 said:
I personally guarantee all orders delays or not.

But you also don't ship in the middle of a snow storm either lol.

* Side note your shipping is top notch the best ive seen yet anyway!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As far as survival goes, honestly...you won't know until you open the box. It will all depend on what type of coral was in the package, how well it was packed/insulated...and exactly where the delivery got stuck. If a truck got stuck on the road for several hours and the package was exposed to these temps, chances are the heat packs inside wouldn't be able to keep up.

DoA policy will be at the sellers discretion. Might as well get in touch with them now and provide whatever info you received about the shipment; hopefully the package was insured so that issuing a refund (if needed) won't be an issue.

Good luck...hopefully things turn out well. I've had an overnight package get stuck at the post office until Tuesday following a scheduled Saturday delivery (that Monday was a holiday). No corals...but several snails and pods...they all did fine.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Strange that they could not deliver yours today. I got an order from Reefs2Go this morning, and one from InTank this afternoon. No problems with delivery in either case.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let me guess... fedex? I had an order sit in commerce city for 3 days from saltwaterfish.com. when I finally got it they told me to take pictures as I opened the package and take the water temp and email them to them. Surprisingly, 2 fish, 2 coral, and 1 anenome all survived.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;282151 said:
Let me guess... fedex? I had an order sit in commerce city for 3 days from saltwaterfish.com. when I finally got it they told me to take pictures as I opened the package and take the water temp and email them to them. Surprisingly, 2 fish, 2 coral, and 1 anenome all survived.
I finally found at a 7 last night that they were sitting at the UPS hub in commerce city. I switch the delivery to "will call" and picked them up. The bags were ice cold. Heating pack wasn't warm at all. I got them in my tank around 10 last night. They are alive but definitely unhappy. I don't know which one is which. They haven't opened yet.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
robert.talarico;282370 said:
I'm content either way. Mr Coral is going to refund my shipping and/or send more if they don't make it
Looks like they are a good company to deal with.