1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on Trimming

Discussion in 'Zoanthids and Palythoa' started by Bdk1786, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Need some advice from anyone who has dealt with over growing palys. Any recommendations for getting them off the rock or general fragging advice? I am aware of the protection needed from the toxins, but how much water should i change out afterwards to help remove it?

I would like to trim some down and toss em out for DBTC if anyone is interested in them.

2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I use bone cutters and try to get in around the edges and cut off some of the rock underneath them. Then toss them, or glue the rock to a frag plug.

Bdk1786 likes this.
  3. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Thank you. 96% sure i have a pair of cutters, if not, i saw they were cheap enough online.

4. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd be interested in some of the pink one's. If your close by ill even donate some frag plugs. I would run some carbon for a few days to help with toxins.

5. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Live right off 120th and Colorado . The Pink ones are getting out of hand. ill see what i can carve up this weekend. if you have specific plugs you want to use, can definitely meet somewhere to pass those off .

Fourthwind likes this.
  6. dweeb

dweeb Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I've been told to use Aiptasia X, to prune them back (not frag them).

I just started, and will give a report when I see results.

7. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Please let me know. I've read of people using A-X as well. I'd like to share em before eliminating them.

8. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm off of 112th and Colorado. Just got a bunch of plugs in the mail a few days ago. I'll PM my number