AI prime

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
Just pre-ordered the new AI Prime Has anyone used AI before.I'M switching from an old 70 watt metal halide bulb,Does Ai have a acclimate mode or should i run the light at like 50 % for a week or two ?,The AI prime also has wifi will it hook into my Imac or do I have to set it up on my wifes IPAD?

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 3 AI 52's. They are wireless, but did you buy the director or are you hooking them up to a apex? You need either one to control the wireless part.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I actually have a pretty new one for sale. Month old. I have mine hooked up to my apex. Also there is a coral acclimation mode on the director.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Note: AI prime is not currently supported on Apex because it uses a new API that has not been coded in the AWM. Support will be added later, but currently it only works with the director or the AI phone app.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
cremer9;345280 said:
The AI prime also has wifi will it hook into my Imac or do I have to set it up on my wifes IPAD?
You set the wifi to connect to your home wifi. You can then use and device on your home network to control and program it.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
When i read about that light a while back i read all you need is a droid or iphone to make this work, no AI controller needed. Did that change?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;345306 said:
When i read about that light a while back i read all you need is a droid or iphone to make this work, no AI controller needed. Did that change?
That is correct. It the AI prime does not require a controller, just in home wifi.l and the app. It is compatable with the director (after a firmware update), but is not compatable with the apex yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a huge thread on R2R about AI settings, it's long but worth the read. I burned at least 300$ worth of coral to death with my 52's before I read that and got them working correctly. Also, I would make sure to run the updates on the myai webpage. I cannot get any of mine to update through the iPhone app.

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, yes there is an acclimation mode built into the app. You can run a % reduction over whatever time period you choose.

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
Chris_W;345338 said:
There is a huge thread on R2R about AI settings, it's long but worth the read. I burned at least 300$ worth of coral to death with my 52's before I read that and got them working correctly. Also, I would make sure to run the updates on the myai webpage. I cannot get any of mine to update through the iPhone app.
so its just a mobile app will a iPad work I just get the app from iTunes or will ai give a link