Anemone and their requirements

ryan820;92223 said:
What do you mean by clones? I'm familiar with the word, but not in this context.
Zooid answered but to add, anemones reproduce sexually and asexually. Splitting is asexual reproduction and the offspring are called clones.

WrasseAttack;92291 said:
Zooid answered but to add, anemones reproduce sexually and asexually. Splitting is asexual reproduction and the offspring are called clones.
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Well I'll wait this anemone thing out for now... but will definitely be keeping my eye on the frag forum!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Live Aquaria just called me back and guess what! They have no clue either how to keep the nems tips bubbled. She said this info came straight from the aquatics director. She did state that the nems going up on DD are hand picked and they make sure to chose ones which are bulbed up. No special care or attention is given to them other than feeding that system daily.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
BTAs bubble when they feel like it period. I have seen clones sitting next to each toehr oen bubbled the other no so why they do it who knows.

djkms;92301 said:
So Live Aquaria just called me back and guess what! They have no clue either how to keep the nems tips bubbled. She said this info came straight from the aquatics director. She did state that the nems going up on DD are hand picked and they make sure to chose ones which are bulbed up. No special care or attention is given to them other than feeding that system daily.
That's one thing I love about Live Aquaria. Their customer service is pretty amazing.

Now one thing I read was a guy claiming that Japanese retailers keep their nems in very low light and that's how they get them to bubble. If I turn my lights off a couple of my rbta's ball themselves up into a big ball, no bubbles.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Scott, sorry but I don't agree the reason is because they feel like it. Just because we don't know the reason doesn't mean there isn't one. IMO there is a cause and effect with everything in life.

WrasseAttack, I love Live Aquaria. Their service is hands down the best around. Most of my livestock has come from DD and they have always taken good care of me.

btw I received my sunburst with bubbled tips and a month and a half later its tips are still bubbled.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't like paying for shipping, that's why I don't do it. Patience man, did you get your lights yet? Have you thought about getting some LEDs from wirick?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rockys_pride;92422 said:
I don't like paying for shipping, that's why I don't do it. Patience man, did you get your lights yet? Have you thought about getting some LEDs from wirick?

Yes I got my light today! And I haven't thought much of adding LEDs beyond just adding them period. Also I don't know who wirick is.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wirick is a member here. Sweet you got your light! Bring on the nems! You have to decide on the kind now BTA, LTA, carpet; IMO that's the order of stinging power, BTA being the least. Search on the forum, there's a guy selling GBTA. If you wait a little there will be someone selling RTBA. GL