Anemone propagation

I'm looking for ideas for an in-tank anemone box.
I've been propagating for about a year just because I tend to get alot of splits. I sell and trade these so I'm looking for something I can keep them in and still view them from the front of the tank.
I've used dollar store shower baskets and net breeder, both are top-down viewable only.
I know an acrylics guy but I'm curious if a product is already on the market somewhere.
Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
http://www.tbaquatics.com/accessorie...2dAaAqqV8P8HAQ

I have the smaller version of this, but I would recommend it. It's a fish trap, drip acclimator and also has a large acrylic box with suction cups and small holes for flow that would work perfectly for you. Or I can sell you my small version for $30 since I want to buy the big one.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoshHill83;646212 said:
http://www.tbaquatics.com/accessorie...2dAaAqqV8P8HAQ

I have the smaller version of this, but I would recommend it. It's a fish trap, drip acclimator and also has a large acrylic box with suction cups and small holes for flow that would work perfectly for you. Or I can sell you my small version for $30 since I want to buy the big one.
I'm in the springs, so I won't say deffinitely yes but if i find myself heading north ill give you a shout a couple days in advance.

Now that's a diy I think i can get crazy with. Didn't think about that. I even have some in the garage.

Petco usually sells plastic breeder boxes that work great for isolating, and showcasing anemones. I've always used mine to sell my Anemone splits.

Salty Concepts is building me a box. It should be ready for pickup this week. I'll post pics when I get it.

The box came in and im very impressed with it. Doyle (Hooked) is the guy to know and his work is well thought out and incredibly functional. Here's some pics.
The box and its magnets

Box in the tank

Few nems right after I moved them.

He has a Facebook page listed as Salty Concepts if you're looking for any acrylic work. I highly recommend him.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Have you seen this video from BRS on propagation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwb92qDQABs

There are aspects of the video that I liked and some that I didn't like, but I really liked the Marinepure balls on the bottom once the anemone attaches I was thinking of selling the anemone on the ball. I thought that was easier and better for the nem than prying its foot off of glass, rock, or in your case that awesome acrylic nem box!

Ive been keeping them in a shower basket and they've been pretty easy to remove. I'm not sure about the media balls.m, I know that I don't like getting frags on rubble as there's always more of that chance for getting a hitchhiker.