Anyone a refridgerator repairman

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So my LG fridge blew a fuse on the control board that is sodered in. They won't send me the new module so anyone here happen to be a reapair tech that can either fix the fuse or get the board?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe a used appliance place has one or can order one for you?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Ahh I got it fixed due to my own skills and now just for everyones info LG fridges suck they have a hard integrated fuse that is a known weak spot in their configuration. They try to force their customers into buying a new control board anytime the fuse blows. In reality it was as simple as cutting out the old one and added some fuse clips and a new fuse so that anytimes it happens in the future its just a simple swap. LG knows about he problem and claims they don't use clips because of the unsecure connection, which is a bunch of bull lots of things that have much more vibration and mocement use them with no problem, its only a ploy by LG to increase their profits. So in short if you have a newer LG fridge that stops working I cna probably fix it and at least IMO I would avoid buying one in the future now that I know abou the problem.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
A salesman in town here told me they stopped selling all lg appliances because of "service issues" I am glad I decided to listen to him.