Apex firmware update

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
So some reason my apex flash can't log into my controller. Here's where I'm at.

I've got wireless on my mac disabled.

Apex is hardwired to my computer thru ethernet and here are my ethernet settings

I've opened apex flash and searched for controllers

Screen opens up and shows My controller. I Select "update firmware" and this is what happens

And then

And then..

And then it shows this and con tuna repeats over and over

Until this

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The problem here is that you mac and the apex are running on different subnets. The first three octets need to match for a firmware update to take place (ie either apex ip needs to be 10.0.0.X or the mac needs to be 192.168.0.X, where X can be any number between 1 and 255).

One thing you can do is change the ethernet settings on both the mac and the apex to DHCP (or automatic) so they will reside on the same subnet as the router. If that doesnt work, try the steps in this forum.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Mac-directly-to-controller-to-update-firmware

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That should do the trick

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You definately aint the first to have that issue. Comes up at least once a week on neptune forums.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. There have been a number of firmware fixes in recent firmwares that significantly reduce the number of fusion disconnects.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is DHCP enabled on the controller?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok.

Side note: if you havent done so already, update your bootloader from the display (system -> bootloader update). They revised it late last year, and its good practice to do so after every firmware update just in case (prevents spontaneous reboot bug that happens to some users)

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Neat to know it works over wireless. I know Neptune recommends direct Ethernet cable for firmware updates. I ran a cable a long time ago so don't have any wireless within the apex network. Good read.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;344890 said:
Neat to know it works over wireless. I know Neptune recommends direct Ethernet cable for firmware updates. I ran a cable a long time ago so don't have any wireless within the apex network. Good read.
It does not work over wireless (I have crashed the **** out of my controller testing this). He connected directly to his laptop for the firmware update and uses wifi for regular use.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
zombie;344891 said:
It does not work over wireless (I have crashed the **** out of my controller testing this). He connected directly to his laptop for the firmware update and uses wifi for regular use.
Correct. I downloaded firmware to my laptop, then disabled wifi and hardwired computer to apex.