1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Neptune DOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Munch, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Anyone running a DOS doser yet? Curious if it's worth the $349 they are asking...

I could go BRS or Milwaukee single unit dosers for less, but wondering if anyone has first hand experience with the DOS unit?

2. Craigar

Craigar Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I was impressed at macna the controlinility was amazing. I talked to them they said they had some test dosers at the shop tha they have been running non stop for 13 months with no issues

3. Munch

I shoulda pulled the trigger on BF with the 10% off sales :(

4. Craigar

Say you want to dose 231 ml of dkh in a day you can set it so its constantly adding it through out the day

5. Munch

Sure beats my Bubble Magus :)

6. Craigar

Did you go to macna and see the difference in motors and componets between the two?

7. Munch

Ya, pretty significant.

8. Craigar

Ill be getting two one for top off pumps ond one for dosing

9. Munch

Group buy :)

10. Munch

Pump comparison:

[​IMG]

11. Craigar

I dont think we can get them cheaper cause of map pricing

12. Munch

There's always a way!

13. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Shoot these things for automated w/c

14. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

I like the compatibility that the Dos will have with the Neptune interface and testing. You'll do your tests for Calcium, Alkalinity, or whatever you are wanting to dose, enter your readings and the software will tell you how much you need to dose to get to a specific level. I thought that was cool at MACNA when Terrance went over that. Of course it only works if you do your tests :eyebrows:

15. Munch

Ok, I'm officially on the hunt for one, if anyone comes across a "deal" let me know!

16. TheRealChrisBrown

My wife made me choose between the Dos and the Maxspect Gyre for my Christmas present...maybe Santa will bring me the Dos!

17. neogenix

neogenix Copepod

I'm planning on using one for a auto water changer. Better pump overall for that sort of thing...

18. Munch

Mine will be here in two days, can't wait!

19. neogenix

neogenix Copepod

Awesome, let us know how it goes! I'm likely going to get out of dosing and move to a Calc reactor (or something along those lines) for my big tank, but I'll still be wanting one to do auto water changes :)

20. TheRealChrisBrown

Did you get one? I can't find any for sale now. Doing "pre-sales" for mid February it looks like. If you got yours how do you like it so far?