dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe they should have sponsored us ....lol

maybe elite should expand :)

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow! What a great start up store this could be for some folks.

I wonder why they are selling?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;103005 said:
wow! What a great start up store this could be for some folks.

I can tell you why. Because they are not making money!! Here is why they are not making money.

#1 The owner is never there working - so overhead is higher.
#2 Rent in that area is high
#3 Their prices on coral are not reasonable
#4 They are not active in the community (very important for such a small niche hobby)
#5 No advertising

Did I miss anything?

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;103005 said:
A store that is trying to sell aiptasia is either 1. really desperate to make money or 2. really ignorant about reefing. Either way they are in trouble . . .

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
little_fish;103012 said:
A store that is trying to sell aiptasia is either 1. really desperate to make money or 2. really ignorant about reefing. Either way they are in trouble . . .
They were actually trying to sell it!?!? I know they have aptasia in just about every tank on the floor but I didnt know they were actually selling it!! Man, kalk paste is quick, easy and cheap to kill them...

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
store is very close to me. the next store is probably 15-20mins away. Iv never had any problems there.

I know a couple of people who shop there who will be dissapointed but they are also people who don't have to worry about how much they spend on things.

I honestly don't know how lfs's make it when you have online and selling and trading between hobbiest. Not a business I would like to be in.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;103003 said:
CJ you so should buy Aquamart and turn it around. We need a Elite Reef presence down south :)
+1000

I don't wish anyone bad luck but I have to admit I am excited at the thought of improved ownership and hopefully they know how easy it is to get rid of aiptasia...

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I kid you not, they were trying to sell a rock infested with aiptasia as a yellow polyp rock for $50 . . . I should have take a pic.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
WrasseAttack;103021 said:
I honestly don't know how lfs's make it when you have online and selling and trading between hobbiest. Not a business I would like to be in.
very true

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The store has sooo much potential! With some passion, elbow grease and honest customer service driven sales the shop could be what Dave had originally wanted it to be.

Leaving all the bad things behind and moving into new ownership might be the lifeblood needed to make it thrive again. Business is tough regardless of what the business is, if it is not run correctly it is nearly impossible to do well.

In my humble opinion of course,

There are many things that could be said about the recent past of Aquamart, but I prefer to think of what the shop could be and I really don't think they are impossible to achieve.
Customers want/need/deserve to be treated fairly and with respect every time they enter the store and that the people behind the counter know and care about the animals in their care, if not they will vote with their feet by not coming back next time.
The fine folks at Elite Reef are doing everything to keep the customers feeling valued and appreciated and have shown that passion for what you do is important to people on both sides of the counter. The reputation of both shops is deserved and earned one customer at a time, with solid business practices and taking the high road in care of livestock every animal, every time.
I hope to see Aquamart regain the importance to the reefing community it once held and believe the store could build a following of customers that could elevate any previous business expectations if the right people were in place.