1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Aquarium Fish: On the Clownfishes' Range of Hosts

Discussion in 'Fish' started by jahmic, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE

There are numerous species of anemonefishes, more commonly known to hobbyists as clownfishes, that normally associate with a few species sea anemones. However, these same clownfishes will often times associate with non-anemone invertebrates in the absence of a suitable anemone host. It's an odd but common occurrence in aquaria, and this month I'll give you some information about clownfish-anemone relationships, and show you some examples of their substitute hosts.

2. Miah2bzy

Miah2bzy Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks! That was very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Now if I could just get my clowns to host something lol

4. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

They completely forgot my clowns favorite place to host. The patch of long hair algae that I never trimmed when I realized they liked to sleep there. Lol.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein