aqucon

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
any one ever buy stuff from these guys?

i have read alot of bad stuff about them but their prices just can't be beat so i thought i would give it a shot and hope my CC Co. helps me out if i have problems.

check out their 40% off specials! ...I'll let you know on Tuesday if I get anything alive...lol

got a red plant and a blue dot jawfish coming plus alot more ...wish me luck

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
They are terrible. Petco on its worst day is better. Ugggggg

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;47508 said:
They are terrible. Petco on its worst day is better. Ugggggg
well then lets hope i get a chance to save some poor fishies live

whats your experience with them?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Last order supposed to arrive on Tuesday wait all day no show call them up a couple of times to make sure address and everything is ok they say yep. Ok wait some more call UPS uhh we don't have any order for that address. 4 days later fish arrive they got the address wrong and refused to either refund the money or give a credit or anyhting for that matter ended up having to fight it through mt CC

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
That sucks ...they sent me and invoice and my address is correct on there ...well it is one letter off but I think the FedEx guy can figure it out ...I also emailed then to correct and will call them Monday morning
I read alot of these bad stories ...I assume there must be some good ones or they couldn't stay in business ...just hoping mine is one of them

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well i have a semi good review for aquacon ...order wasn't completely right but they are working with me to correct it

ora red planet ...arrived healthy, completely entrusted plug and about 3" tall with many branches

blue spot jaw fish ...heatlhy, about 4-5"
(has since decided to jump out and die even though tank was covered, he must have pushed the lid to get out)

purple fire fish ...DOA

Black and White Percs ...got ORA saddle backs

ora orchid dottyback ...got healthy pseudochromis porphyreus

5 hermits, 10 nassurius, astrea snails... all alive and healthy

so they are replacing the percs, dottyback, and firefish with my next order ...hopefully they will just credit me so i can get different stuff or i will have some fish for sale.either way i will be getting 3 exrtra fish for the cost of shipping. i be placing the order next week and will update when it arrives

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
With so many quality on-line and local retailers, it really is a shame that folks continue to spend money with these guys.

Good luck......

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Maybe hes a glutton for punishment. heck they got 1 outa 5 fish right not bad odds for something just not sure what.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
its really not that bad of a deal ..i only had 1 fish DOA ..3 weren't right buy hey they are free ..well if you consider shipping again they cost ~$12 a piece

i contacted a lfs for one of the fish they said i paid less than they do ...that was for the bsjf
another local als said they couldn't beat the price

i am a gluten for punishment...or a cheap skate ...or just a gamblin man ....idk
but i am defiantly the finder of the least price and it almost always works out well for me for everything else i buy ...its all about the chase fellas ...lol
:wall:

I know this blog is older but I just had to add my misfortune with aquacon

I ordered a blue mandarin, hoven's wrasse, lemon-lime polyps, and radioactive dragon eye polyps. The polyps looked like they had been pulled from the mother colony minutes before shipping them (the ceramic plugs were still pure white). All of the polyps eventually rotted at the base and fell off the plug and got lost in the tank. I was able to save 2 lemon-lime polyps that I re-glued and they weren't even lemon or lime colored. they were brown. The mandarin died within 2 days. It arrived very malnourished and with pieces of its fins missing, and I could never get it to eat the tisbe pods they recommended. I must say though I am very happy with the Wrasse. Great fish! When I contacted them about the losses and unsatisfactory products they told me that I was outside the 48hr warranty and there was nothing they could do. I know that the the losses were not my fault cause I acclimated them per their instructions and I have Local LFS corals (including Acros) already in the tank that are growing great! Polyps should have had no problems in my tank. My water perm are perfect and i only use RO water.

I WOULD AVOID AQUACON!!!!!!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
gonna have to agree with you ...im still trying to get my order replaced :(