Astrophotography

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in taking pictures through telescopes, pictures to share and any advice. My brother just got a telescope and hes pressuring me to get in to astronomy/star searching. Hes taken a couple of pictures so far and it looks cool, so I'm interested.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
I am not an astro-photographer but I do know about taking pictures and I can tell you this...getting a good pic is going to be all about light. You will want to make sure to do it as far away from any light pollution as possible and do it on or near a new moon so there are as few as possible light sources competing with the light coming from your subject. Then you want to get a good amount of light on to the sensor, which for astro-photography means long exposures. For really long exposures I know you have to get a device that rotates your camera in-sync with the rotation of the earth so you don't get any blur due to that. I also know to get those crazy awesome shots you see online you need to get filters and take multiple exposures then composite them in photoshop.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No just the topic made me go and look at astro photo's. I have tried taking astro photo's but I need a T-adapter