ATI sunpower 4x39 light

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought some tickets at the aqua medic meet and won this gorgeous light. Unfortunately I don't know any info about it. I am wondering if this light will grow sps in my 75 gallon 48" THE LIGHT IS 36". I hung it today and its 4 inches off the water. The spread is great but will it grow corals?

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great score! Yes it will grow all corals. Nice to meet you yesterday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Clams huh? Wow. And what about my bulb layout? 4actinic and 4coral sun is what I have right now. I really want my corals to pop.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah it was a pleasure to meet you all. I felt like I was in one big caring family and I can't thank you guys enough for that feeling!! :D

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey buddy nice meeting you yesterday! That light was the Primo T5 on the market and its still badass. It will grow just about anything you an throw at it and you'll get great coloration. Add some LED's to it in order to get some shimmer in your tank! You can get cheap LED accent strips from Ecoxotic or from ReefKoi on here.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Yeah that light is sweet. Grim said when he par tested it on a 30" tank he was getting 300 or so at the sand bed. That is similar 400 w mh.

I do believe that it is a 4 x 39 watt fixture. Just for clarification. Sweet score!!

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Only thing is that the fans dont work. Talked to the ATI company and there sending some this week. There was a big recall there claimed.I only put one ticket in the cup also so I am very suprised lol. There hanging over my 75 now and there kicka$$ lights.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I never would've figured a 4 bulb 39watt 36" light would grow sps in a 48"tank 75gal. So weird.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wait is your fixture 4 bulbs or 8? Might make a difference in your ability to grow sps with it...

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I would say the 4 bulb can grow any coral he wants :)

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's what I heard... I can't figure out what those transformers are for. Talked to Steve (grimreefer) and he told me they up the power. Not a expert on lights so I don't know if it makes more par or what.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;186774 said:
I would say the 4 bulb can grow any coral he wants :)
Oops. Missed your previous post, sorry. I'm not surprised though, the parabolic reflectors on that fixture are pretty much perfect...each bulb looks like 3 when you flip it upside down. I measured the PAR on a similarly designed 2 bulb 24" t5ho and the values were more than double what I got with the same bulbs in a fixture with crappy reflectors.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
reefmaster719;186778 said:
That's what I heard... I can't figure out what those transformers are for. Talked to Steve (grimreefer) and he told me they up the power. Not a expert on lights so I don't know if it makes more par or what.
No the transformers are called step up transformers and simply allow the fixture ( a 220W fixture) to be plugged into a standard outlet (110W outlet). If the fixture was wired for 110W you would get same output as far as par. The transformers are only converting the power at you house (110W) to the power that the particular fixture needs to operate (220W)......make sense?

Lets see some Pics!!!

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahhh ok got it now. Thanks!! The light is so sweet. Best 4bulb ive ever used. I would take it over any other t5 out there. Gotta love the reflectors.