1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Auto feeder food suggestions

Discussion in 'Foods - Coral, Fish, Anemones, and Inverts' started by Shaunv, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Shaunv

Shaunv Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I will be purchasing an apex auto feeder soon and am interested in seeing what people's suggestions are for food. I have always fed frozen food and am not sure what to purchase in terms of pellet or flake and what brand, etc. I currently feed LRS Reef Frenzy, Reef Chilli, and reef nutrition phyto feast once daily. I received a sample of Cobalt pellets at reef Ed and have used it rarely to feed LPS. My current stock list includes a mixed reef with 1 occelaris clown, 1 tail spot blenny, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 mandarin, and a wide variety of CUC.

2. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

NLS Thera A+

3. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 I use the New Life Spectrum pellets too

4. Shaunv

Cool thanks! How are they in terms of floating/sinking? Should I get a feeder ring to help prevent the pellets heading to the overflow?

5. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I use a feeder ring from 2 little fishies

6. Shaunv

That's the one I was looking at. BRS has them on sale right now.