Back in the water!

Hey all! Heard about this site from a friend here in Cheyenne. Came highly recommended. I'm a first time Reef Keeper, long time Fish Freak! Currently have a 55gal coral/invert and a 30gal FOWLR with a pair of triggers. Also have a 16gal QT. Have several other tanks I'm working on. 80, a pair of 40B's, 2 more 55's, and a 20L. I've been out of the hobby for about 14 years and got back into it in Sept. Still very addictive.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you joined us! Make sure you cone hang out next weekend @ Reef Ed if you can!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome:

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club! We're not too far from Cheyenne!! Get down and see the store if you haven't already been in.

V

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Another welcome. Glad to have another voice in the forums.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to progressing my reef(s). Currently fighting diatoms in my 55 (ugh!). Gotta get a new/different feeding device. Should just bit the bullet and get a Julians Thing.
Vince-Been there. Great store. I try to plan my trips so I can stop in. Even if I don't buy anything, I like to look. Got my card, too.
Skyshark-Just can't decide what should go where. In the planning stages of a fish room in the basement but gotta have at least one upstairs.

Tanks look great, especially for being out of the hobby for 14 years! Welcome!
How long has your 55 been set up? Its not uncommon to have diatom blooms even after the cycle, they should go away on their own as they are consumed by fish and inverts.

Thanks. I spend a lot of time admiring others tanks and just don't think mine looks that great I guess. We all feel that, though, I believe. Been up and running since late October. I've been adding frags here and there. Got some that looked hungry so I fed them. All I have right now is a turkey baster and it makes a friggin mess. I don't have a reactor yet. Just kinda all culminated at once into an outbreak. Been changing water and such and the skimmer is pulling some yuck but now I have some Phosgaurd in the water column. Getting better. It'll pass and probably come again. I've been checking out BRS's dual GFO reactor setup. Kinda like that. Think that's the way I'm going. Been researching algae scrubbers, too.