Back to the Future

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi everyone,

I actually joined the site back in 2012 and asked a few questions as my family was looking into doing a saltwater tank. For various reason, that never came to fruition... until now! Last month I purchased Walter White's 60g cube setup. Not only is his old system very nice, Kris has been very helpful both before and after the purchase. He has made the initial steps into this hobby much easier for me.

I'm excited to finally get things up and running. Right now the tank and equipment is all setup (except a small issue with the RKE Net module) and I did a wet test this past weekend. I've got two 32g Brute trash cans with saltwater churning in them (I'll have to make more RO/DI and then saltwater once I empty one of these into the tank), 80lbs of live sand and 50lbs of BRS Reef Saver rock coming in this week.

The next step in the plan is to test the rock for phosphate leaching and if that checks out alright, to start aquascaping the tank and hopefully get the saltwater in this weekend. Then the cycling begins. I've got a couple of work and family trips coming up, so I'm not looking to add any livestock to the tank until very late July or early August.

The main purpose of the tank is for a clown/anemone tank, but I've really started to like the ricordea that I have seen in photos. So I'll probably end up with a couple of those in the tank as well.

Anyway, just wanted to check back in with the group since I just disappeared before.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: back. You picked a great tank to get wet with. Looking forward to seeing it. also, Join us for Reef ED this weekend ;)

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;n670868 said:
:welcome: back. You picked a great tank to get wet with. Looking forward to seeing it. also, Join us for Reef ED this weekend ;)
Thanks. I'm thinking about it. The wife is going out of town this weekend, so I'd have to figure out what to do with the little guy. While he loves his fishies, I don't think he would love sitting through all the talks about them. lol

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sounds like an awesome setup and a good intro to the hobby with MR White.

How about some pics? I can't remember what the 60 cube looked like. I love cubes!

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks neil82 and halmus. I'll try and get some photos posted in the next day or so. There is not a lot too it right now since it is just the equipment setup... no water yet.