1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to attach macros?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Plants and Macro Algaes' started by JodiI, Feb 15, 2016.

1. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod

So during a water change I knocked some of my nemastoma off its rock. It's a decently big piece for my tank, and I'd like to just attach it somewhere else and let it keep growing. I threw it in my fuge for now.

How do you guys attach macros to rock? I see a lot of people use putty, but I'm not sure if there's one particular kind that is best. So I'm turning to you macro experts. :) Hit me up to links of your favorite products, if you've got one

2. DJBM3

DJBM3 Amphipod

fishing line....

3. that0neguy1126

that0neguy1126 Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

WaterWeld or Contact Cement (Gel type)

4. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I like the sand which between two small pieces of rock rubble, then wrap with a rubber band method myself :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  5. Miah2bzy

Miah2bzy Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Refugium?
    I have some dragons tongue that I superglued to a piece of rubble and then stuck onto a piece of rock. When it gets too big I just move the rubble to a different spot. I also have some sandwiched between rocks, and others that I let free float. The overflow has been a good spot for growth for me on some of my macros but I have to trim it back quite often so it doesn't clog.

6. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod

Seems too cool to stick in the fuge long term.

Here's the piece:

[​IMG]

It's escaped the rubber band twice, though that may also be because I don't have great rubble to attach it to. And the clowns like to pick at anything in the tank. It's a slippery little sucker

7. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a frag plug I can give you tomorrow that you can attach it to.