Best way to paint back of tank black?

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What is the best way for me to paint the back of my tank black. The tank is glass

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Best way is to use vinyl. Otherwise tape off the tank so you dont get over spray. Then make sure to clean glass with alcohol or acetone before you spray..

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
NO NO NO... you want something simple and that takes 30 seconds to remove? Plasti dip. Spray it on like spray paint and it's black just like it. The nice thing is you can peel it off like a giant sticker, and overspray comes off easily as well. It's like 4 to 6 bucks at homedepot.

Djmm1177

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just got black vinyl from are stripe guy for my 215 it was 50.00$ let me know he is out of boulder but comes to Loveland/fort collins

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ohh, I forgot about the Plasti Dip. I like to run a magnet on the backside, so the limo tint didn't hold up too well.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I actually left the vinyl on the paper and taped it to the back of my aquarium. I run a magnet across the back every week during maintenance without issue. From what I read if you actually apply the vinyl like tint you might need to use 2 sheets since it is somewhat see through....

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;269311 said:
Ohh, I forgot about the Plasti Dip. I like to run a magnet on the backside, so the limo tint didn't hold up too well.
You can put some kind of material on the magnet so it wont go through plasti dip. But otherwise just black spray paint.. You can use a razor and get it off within a half hour. Just giving easy ideas :D