Bio pellet journal

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bumblebee; I used that product before I switched to bio pellets. It worked great getting my nitrates and phosphates down to the point they are now... But anytime I forgot to dose they'd creep back up. Ive got a much better dosing regime now, so in thinking about it.
DBarnes; I know I don't want 0s but I think my 1 phosphate is inhibiting sps growth. And it's really frustrating!! I think I might try dosing in addition to bio pellets to get where I need... And I think I'm gonna get some more pellets in the reactor this weekend.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, update and mods... I decided to double the pellets in the reactor. Brightwell suggested starting with 200ml for my TWV but every other brand of bio pellets suggested about 500. I'm not sure what makes these any different, and obviously it didn't do much, so I put in about 300 ml more. I also picked up some more no3po4x from redsea. So now I'm dosing 10ml a day with that as well. Day 1 modified results same as before :)

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok... I'm tired of looking at corals and fish dying... My sucky rockscape that won't allow my to pickup the multiple corals that fall every night without contorting my body in impossible ways... My 2 year lingering nitrate/phosphate problem that has no cure and no real explanation... Time to tear it down, take my time and do things right... Figure out exactly what I want, how i want it to look, and how to get it to function properly...
So, this thread is done. But if youd like, I will be starting a (re)build thread here shortly in the tank build section...