Biopellets

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I have been thinking about adding biopellets to the 360. I have read they help with both nitrate and phosphate reduction. Who uses them? What brand do you use? What are the pros and cons of using them?

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I'm also thinking about adding them also so I don't have to have as much rock in my frag tank.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm just planning on using 1 or 2 TLF reactors. I'm just curious because I have heard mixed reviews.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love biopellets but I make them tumble way more than most. Biggest thing is you will have to keep alk low and stable. If it spikes you can expect rtn. I have thought about the new pellet that may or may not also contain a little gfo

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have been using Dr. tims pearls for 2 years in a cad lights reactor. I hate the reactor because it clogs so easy and is a pita to clean. That being said, I love using bio pellets. Pros: way less glass cleaning, corals look great (might have nothing to do with the bio pellets). Cons: not many. It seems like my potassium levels drop when my reactor is working properly so I end up dosing more potassium when the reactor is behaving.