Black and White fish...

TravelinGal

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been debating on what to do with my 46G corner bowfront tank now that I got the 120G. So, for now it's a big QT. LOL

I recently got 2 black clowns and 3 of the silver and black cardinals and that got me thinking that a black and white (/silver) tank might be kind of cool... (They're in the 46G right now)

So, what other fish are black and white that could live in a 46G FOWLR?

I think puffers are really cute, but the only B/W ones I've seen grow to be giants.
I saw black and white heniochus online but would prefer to not have that much other color on the fish (the yellow portions)

Thanks for any ideas!
Robin

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member

TravelinGal

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Shaunv!

Next question - could I keep 1 domino damsel with 1 three stripe damsel or will they fight when they get older? Also I really like the look of the snowball damsel - WAY COOL!! Could the 3 exist in the same tank?

What about an engineer goby? I know it starts out black and white stripe and then changes to a spotted pattern.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
TravelinGal;323424 said:
Thanks Shaunv!

Next question - could I keep 1 domino damsel with 1 three stripe damsel or will they fight when they get older? Also I really like the look of the snowball damsel - WAY COOL!! Could the 3 exist in the same tank?

What about an engineer goby? I know it starts out black and white stripe and then changes to a spotted pattern.
You prolly would be fine with those damsels as long as you add them in at the same time. They are known bullies though and like will push around anything else in the tank, so make sure to add things that can take the abuse.

Engineer goby starts out black and white, but as there stripes shift they become yellow and black

Andreaehlrs

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
clown trigger, black tang, half black angel, Moorish idol, and different types of moray eels but the trigger has some yellow and Moorish idols are hard to keep alive

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Andreaehlrs;323488 said:
clown trigger, black tang, half black angel, Moorish idol, and different types of moray eels but the trigger has some yellow and Moorish idols are hard to keep alive
Those would be awesome but most of those need a much larger tank then a 46g