Blue Diamond at Elite Reef Fest!

YAY!!! I get to come see you guys and make ppl squirm seeing all the "creeping crawlies" again!!! lol (as many things at my table were so named at the highlands ranch event) ;)

So first off - I wanna say a big THANK YOU! to Elite Reef for graciously extending an invite to the clubs other sponsors to come bring our stuff to show off and sell at their first ever Elite Reef Fest! :) I'm so excited to be able to attend! YOU GUYS ROCK! I'm baking you guys cookies for when I come up!!! lol ;)

Secondly - I wanted to create a lil BDA (Blue Diamond Aquatics) thread to let everyone know the cool stuff I will be bringing!!! I have gotten two shipments of cool and interesting stuff within the last week so I can bring a really nice variety up there! I will be posting pics over the next few days as I take them and Making some lists too ;)
SO STAY TUNED BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

Oh and FYI/Reminder -
:D Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express all accepted! :D

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cough* those cookies better be good......

You better briomens some margarita snails as I need them.

the_fish_man;103667 said:
Cough* those cookies better be good......

You better briomens some margarita snails as I need them.
Actually I dont regularly carry margaritas due to the fact they are a cold water snail and dont last many months in our warmer systems. But I can always special order things for people if they would like and know the differant requirements for them (since I know some people have cooler tanks too) :)

I do have various other snails in stock right now that I will be bringing - two types of Nerite snails, Stocky Florida Cerith snails, Spiney/Starry Astrea snails (limited amount), and I have two type of Nassarius Snails I could bring as well. :)

~and the cookies are for the Elite Reef guys! (and Heather ;) lol) :p

Zooid;103669 said:
Do you have any Berghia nudibranchs? Or proven aiptasia eating peppermints? :D
I do not have berghia nudis BUT I DO have the aptasia eatting peppermint shrimp - Lysmata wurdemanni, I purposely DO NOT carry the other peppermint shrimp often confused for the aptasia eatting one - Lystmata californica. I have a SCMAS member down here that can back me up on watching when I put some in one of my holding tanks that had aptasia on the rocks - They went straight for it!!! The next day the few rocks I had in there with a good dozen+ aptasia were aptasia free! It was awesome! :D

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you put together a clean up crew for a 29 gallon cube? And what would the price be?

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kris, I'm leaving the copperband in my 200g. He's done an excellent job of taking out the aiptasia but don't want to stress
him by moving him over.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know, I remember how well you were saying he does in the tank when I was over there. I was kidding.

You want a pebble butterfly for your fowler? He will be ready in about a month after quarantine. lmk

KhensuRa;103909 said:
Can you put together a clean up crew for a 29 gallon cube? And what would the price be?
Sure! We can put u together a package ;) Shoot me a PM and let me know what you currently have and we can make it nice n custom for you!

Here is a list of what I have in stock that I will be picking from to bring up next weekend! :D
PM me here or shoot me an email at bluediamondaquatics@yahoo.com for inquires! Thankx everyone!

~Trish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nassarius Snail – Vibex (Nassarius vibex)
Nassarius Snail –Tonga (Nassarius distortus)
Round Nerite Snail (Nerita sp)
Black&White Nerite Snail (Nerita sp)
Cerith Snail - Stocky Florida (Cerithium sp)
Starry/Spiney Astrea Snail (Astraea phoebia)

Emerald Mithrax Crab (Mithrax sculptus)
Ruby Mithrax Crab (Mithrax forceps)
Porcelain Crab (Petrolisthes sp.)
Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes sp.)
Sponge Head Crab (Dormia erythropus)
Spongy Decorator (Teardrop) Crab (Marcocoeloma trispinosum)
Yellowline Arrow Crab (Stenorhynchus seticornis)

Blue-Leg Hermit Crab (Clibanarius tricolor)
Dwarf Red-Leg Hermit Crab (Clibanarius sp.)
Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (Calcinus laevimanus)
True Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab (Paguristes cadenati)
Cali Scarlet Hermit Crab (Calcinus californiensis)
OrangeClaw Hermit Crab (Calcinus tibicen)
Giant Anemone Hermit Crab (Dardanus pedunculatus)
Asst. Caribbean Hermit Crabs (~unknown~)

Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata grabhami)
Blood Red Fire Shrimp (Sri Lanka) (Lysmata debelius)
Sexy Shrimp (Thor amboinensis)
Harlequin Shrimp (Hymenocera picta)
Spotted Anemone Shrimp (Periclimenes yucatanicus)

Sand Sifting White Star (Astropecten polycanthus)
Pink Fromia Star (Fromia sp.)
Marbled Star - Lg - (Fromia Monilis)
Circle Marked Serpent Star (Ophiolepsis cinereum)
Brittle Star (Ophiocoma sp.)
Stripped Brittle Star (Ophiure protoreaster)
Fancy Knobby Brittle Star (Ophiomastix sp.)
Red Blunt-Spined Brittle Star (Ophiocoma echinata)
Nano-sized Serpent Star - Tiger (Ophiolepsis superba)

Tiger Cowrie - HUGE! (Cypraea tigris)
Florida Fighting Conch - XXL (Strombus alatus)
Hawkwing Conch (Strombus raninus)
Dove/nano Conch - 1/2" (Strombus maculatus)
Feather Duster (Sabellide sp.)
Red CoCo Worm - Lg hardtubed - (Protula magnifica) Nice-fat Big ones!!
Pink & Green Knobby Cucumber - XL (Pentacta anceps)
Caribbean Cucumber - Asst - (Holothuria sp.)
Yellow Cucumber (Colochirus robustus)
Lettuce Nudibraunch/Sea Slug (Elysia crispata)
X-mas Tree Worm Coral Rock (Spirobranchus giganteus) - approx 2.5"x4"

Reef Urchin (asst colors) (Echinometra viridis)
Slate-Pencil Urchin (asst colors) (Eucidaris tribuloides)
Varigated Urchin (asst colors) (Lytechinus williamsi)

Green Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)
Rose Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Trish,

How would I go about pairing scarlet cleaner shrimp? I have one in my system now - about 2 1/2-3". I would like to pair it up or buy a pair and have 3. They would have to be at least a couple inches though otherwise my Marine Betta might think its food :p

Can I get prices on:
Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata grabhami)
Feather Duster (Sabellide sp.)
Red CoCo Worm - Lg hardtubed - (Protula magnifica) Nice-fat Big ones!!
Pink & Green Knobby Cucumber - XL (Pentacta anceps)
X-mas Tree Worm Coral Rock (Spirobranchus giganteus) - approx 2.5"x4"

O and the wifey wants a sea apple...any word on those?

Thanks!
Kris

Kris - PM sent answering ur questions etc...

.. and Zooid is right! Too many issues concerning keeping sea apples... :/ Which is a pity bc the are so d*mn pretty!!!

mikejrice;104729 said:
Love my apple even after it tried and failed to nuke my tank.
Really!? thats awesome! U r the first person I have heard of that the story doesnt end badly LOL How long have you had him and how big is ur tank? And what kind of filtration stuffs do you run? It would be good info to share for anyone else wanting to try one :)

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
honoreetamore;104758 said:
Really!? thats awesome! U r the first person I have heard of that the story doesnt end badly LOL How long have you had him and how big is ur tank? And what kind of filtration stuffs do you run? It would be good info to share for anyone else wanting to try one :)
OK, first I wouldn't start taking notes from me yet as I've only had it for about six months. My system is a 40 gallon with 20 gallon sump. I really don't have anything out of the ordinary as far as filtration goes, and I think that should get some credit for my success so far. I run a skimmer rated for about two times system volume, SWC 120 cone, and a sump refugium. I'm of the belief that all marine animals, especially filter feeders, depend less on sparkling clean water and more on stability. I used to think all those old schoolers that rant about how reef tanks are kept to sterile these days were just making excuses for their algae problems, but I'm starting to see their point. I feed amounts of roti and phyto that most would find rediculous which keeps my hair algae growing nicely, but my LPS grows fast enough to stay ahead of it. If the sea apple isn't enough to confuse you, I also keep flame scallops that have nearly doubled in size in the last couple of months. As I said, I think stability is more important, and I've got a few things in place to keep all my parameters in line without lifting a finger. In my opinion the most important thing you can do for inverts is keep your salinity stable, so I've got an auto top off. I also run an auto doser to keep primary elements right where they have to be, and have a heater and fan on a controller to keep temperature within a few tenth a degree of 77 at all times. I've become completely obsessed with filter feeding inverts lately, so I currently house a sea apple, flame scallops, a few non-photo corals and several huge clams. I love the fact that you can throw mass amounts of food at them and they love it. Lucky for me I have the automation to ignore the tank to some extent, but this approach may not be the best for everyone.

One more note on the sea apple. The day I got it, I acclimated it a little too quickly probably, and shortly after getting it in the water, it tried to nuke my tank. I stepped outside for just a few minutes and came back to a white cloud of death in the tank. I quickly threw every bit of carbon I had in a bag in the sump and adjusted my skimmer to run ultra wet. I had to empty the cup several times within a few hours, but the water cleared and not a thing died. I'm not sure if it was my actions that saved the livestock or if I was just luck, but this might be a good place to start for anyone who has a similar experience. The apple hasn't posed a problem since.

We've also housed and sold a few sea apples at Elite that all fed greedily, and as far as I've heard from the buyers, are still doing great.

Hopefully I see another six months of the same with mine...