Bubble magus dosing pumps?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone using one? See them on sale for $269 which is a decent deal. Reviews look good.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just received mine and got it set up last week. Works perfect so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
clowninaround7474;302055 said:
Just received mine and got it set up last week. Works perfect so far

Did you get the dosing boxes from Fluid designers? If so how much are they and what's the benefit of using them over just a gallon jug like the BRS ones for 2 part?

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;302081 said:
Did you get the dosing boxes from Fluid designers? If so how much are they and what's the benefit of using them over just a gallon jug like the BRS ones for 2 part?
Sure did, and it's awesome! For me I couldn't fit it under my stand so I wanted something that looked good and was consolidated. I would highly recommend looking into them and call FD to get a price!

View attachment 18555
View attachment 18556

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks. Pretty sharp box. Definitely prettier than a gallon jug and depending on what it holds might work out as I have space in my stand.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure how much you're dosing, but my VOSS bottles keep my 75 gallon system running for 4-6 weeks..

[attachment=66601:name]

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bubble magus dosing pumps?

Here is what was posted previously "the dimensions of the dosing box is 14 inches long, 12 inches tall, and 4 1/4 inches deep. The box has four chambers and here are your volumes. And yes...we did calculate these! HA! The first chamber holds approximately 1.04 gallons. The second chamber holds approximately .8 gallons. The third and fourth chambers are the same size and they each hold approximately .4 gallons.

Last edited by a moderator:

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool idea on the voss bottlse. I have a 150 so maybe 3-4 weeks on those. Guess I'll have to experiment and see. Thanks!~

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's actually not a bad price for a dosing container...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;302089 said:
That's actually not a bad price for a dosing container...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
That may have been a ReefStock only price. I would double check with them. I pulled that from an old thread

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I edited my original post. They had a special for ReefStock and they were $59. Not sure if they are still that price so I didn't want to advertise it that wat

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Saw that. They extended it for a week but guessing it is more now. I'll have to ping DM and see what they go for now.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought the marine color ones were all breaking down within the year? I heard people trying to replace the inner tubing...

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ordered the BM one. Really didn't want to have to buy a new one every year and I heard the same thing.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Revisiting this thread. I'm looking to automate dosing on my tank and am wondering if I should go with the Bubble Magnus dosing pump which can be programmed to dose however much I need per day or if I should go with the BRS dosing pumps which need to run off a controller (or timers which I would like to avoid)? I do not have a controller, but I want to get an Apex.... eventually. I don't see a huge need for a controller right now - the biggest advantage I see is using it as a temperature controller (my lights have a built in timer).
Also, if you are using a Bubble Magnus dosing pump, are you using the third pump for Mg?