Bubble magus dosing pumps?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far so good on mine. The programming is easy once you understand it. I am using the third pump to add the Red Sea NO3/PO4-X.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;317401 said:
So far so good on mine. The programming is easy once you understand it. I am using the third pump to add the Red Sea NO3/PO4-X.
Thanks! So if you were to do it again you would still go with the Bubble Magnus over a controller?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a controller. Basic reef keeper lite. It controls my lights and temp. Could use it for more but don't. Not sure if it would have controlled the doser. I'm ok with checking my levels weekly to see if anything needs to be tweaked and if your controller is monitoring your Ca and Alk then I guess it would be one less thing to do unless it breaks.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;317399 said:
Revisiting this thread. I'm looking to automate dosing on my tank and am wondering if I should go with the Bubble Magnus dosing pump which can be programmed to dose however much I need per day or if I should go with the BRS dosing pumps which need to run off a controller (or timers which I would like to avoid)? I do not have a controller, but I want to get an Apex.... eventually. I don't see a huge need for a controller right now - the biggest advantage I see is using it as a temperature controller (my lights have a built in timer).
Also, if you are using a Bubble Magnus dosing pump, are you using the third pump for Mg?
Just get a marine color for now until you "eventually" get a controller. Its the exact same thing as a bubble magnus, but only costs 100 bucks. I have had one for over a year with no issues (minus them sending me the wrong power supply to begin with)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
zombie;317408 said:
Just get a marine color for now until you "eventually" get a controller. Its the exact same thing as a bubble magnus, but only costs 100 bucks. I have had one for over a year with no issues (minus them sending me the wrong power supply to begin with)
How much are you dosing? Have your heads/tubing worn out?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was dosing 150 ml a day for about 9 months until I started adding kalk to top off. The last 6 months or so have been like 30-50 ml a day. The tubes are a bit worn out but still work (keep forgetting to replace them). The heads dont look worn out at all. Tests with a graduated cylinder are still within 5% with initial calibration when I got the unit only.