Bulkheads

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If anyone is in need and or I can help you out let me know. I am a landscape architect so I can get wholesale costs from local suppliers (irrigation and pond supply wholesalers) who sell bulk heads on the regular. I just need a day or 2 notice. Here are my costs for the bulk heads.

3/4" - $3.76
1" - $4.71
1.25" - $4.71
1.5" - $7.07
I can get anything up to 4" - pm for pricing.

Here is the exact bulk heads: http://www.norwesco.com/page.cfm?menu=28

Bulk heads have both inside and outside threads. Outside diameter is 1/2" bigger than inside diameter universally no matter what the size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
that's less than half that I paid at a shop. Then they said "I have heavy duty bulkheads for $30" So I probably bought junk...

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Denvercherub;144420 said:
that's less than half that I paid at a shop. Then they said "I have heavy duty bulkheads for $30" So I probably bought junk...
Well contractors use them to penetrate rubber pond liners so I can only imagine these are durable and sturdy enough for a tank. LMK if you need more my friend

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Craigar;144425 said:
What can you get pond liner for?
45 Mil or? I want to say less than $1.25 , but Not sure haven't ordered any liner in a while. How much you need and Ill check and see. Oh you want under-layment too?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Craigar pm me when you are ready to move forward past thought. I do know quite a lot about water features and ponds. I have designed and spec'ed hundreds of them from $5k - $100k + features, so I'm sure not only could I help you out on some pricing but also advise should you need too.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reefer;144447 said:
Craigar pm me when you are ready to move forward past thought. I do know quite a lot about water features and ponds. I have designed and spec'ed hundreds of them from $5k - $100k + features, so I'm sure not only could I help you out on some pricing but also advise should you need too.
I installed a 10000 gallon pond in my current backyard 3 ponds with a waterfall in between each then I also have a stream from the other end

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hmmm they sell them with out inside threads? I'll check tomorrow what these are and update thread accordingly.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Updated main post. Yes bulk heads have both inside and outside threads. Outside diameter is 1/2" bigger than inside diameter universally no matter what the size.

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I too agree, that price is fantastic. My tank manufacture recommends schedule 80 pcv due to its being stronger with higher temp and pressure limits. While niether of these come into play, I still like stronger for saltwater decay over time. CRW Reefer, I would suggest checking if those are not schedule 80, to check prices for some if you can get them in case others want to look into that direction with you?

Do you all turn these ponds into bigger saltwater habitats? I know what an obsession this hobby can become, and wonder if anyone went that far :p