Calling electrical people

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok I'm in need of a 6 pin connetor that I can mount to my DIY led light I just finished. I want to be able to just unplug the light from the wiring harness if I need to take it down. I was planning on using r232 but it cant handle 1 amp which is the max I'm running through one of my strings of LED's. I like that the r232 screws into the port so it cant come out. So anyone have any suggestions.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What about Cat5 networking cable?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I though about it. But there's a chance id have to double it up to handle 1 amp

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

What about an automotive style plug? Like a Bosch, deutz, or GM style?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I was thinking that as well than I can just splice in my own wire.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Napa sells GM style and deutsch... Those are the 2 easier to work with anyways. I think if you go to the counter and explain what your doing, they'll take you back and show you what they have and what you'll need. Be sure to get the good terminal tool too... It make life a ton easier!!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I have the terminal tool from when I worked at GM, To bad my parts buddy doesnt work there anymore. Gotta have some Gm parts in this frag tank build somewhere lol.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I'll rummage through my "random keepers" drawer tonight at work and see what I can find...

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

rings343;219786 said:
and carquest carries weatherpack connectors wich are weatherproof just go look in the catalog
I don't think weatherpack makes a 6 pin... I could be wrong.