Cardinals in a reef tank?

Is it generally difficult or stressful on the fish, be it Bangaii or Pajama Cardinals, to keep them in a reef tank? I know they say that these fish are reef safe, but my concern is, with the one Bangaii that I had briefly, is that there doesn't seem to be a place in the tank that has "low flow". I worked hard to ensure that there were not dead pockets or places of really low flow for the corals I planned to keep, but it back fired on me because I bought a Bangaii and he couldn't find a place to rest other than under some rocks, which I know isn't where they would typically hang out. Any solutions, or just keep playing with the powerheads? I really want both a Bangaii and a Pajama Cardinal.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've kept a cardinal for over a year. they do just fine. Mine is happy and has been. I have a 750gph and a 1150 gph powerhead and the return is 700gph

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do believe they are "nocturnal" hence the big eyes. So he proabbly hangs out in the rocks during the day but at night comes out and about. At least that is what my PJ does.

For the guys that have them, do you have one of each (PJ and B) or do you have mated pairs? In an ideal world I'd like to have one Pajama and one Bangaii.