Clown Missing

So I went to feed my tank today, and realized I was missing a clown. Now this particular clown has jumped into the overflow more then once, but i checked and he wasnt in there...I checked the sump and didnt see him in there. I checked on the floor all around the tank, and didnt see him neither. I dont have any predator type animals in the tank...another clown, a yellow tang, a manderin goby, a lawnmower blennie, a watchman goby and pistol shrimp. Plus I have never seen either of the clowns anywhere except at the top of the aquarium. As for corals, just a few softies, zoas, mushrooms.

So my question is, if he did indeed die, and I get another, will the current clown and the new one be able to adapt to each other? I bought the two clowns as a pair and have been with each other since they were just tiny.

Yeah, I've had good luck with that so far. One middle aged clown and one juvenile. Just buy the new one as small as possible and watch for aggression. If the old clown beats the hell out of the new one, trade it for another one and try again.