Clownfish question

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So today I got a couple of clowns from another member. Both were pretty small noticeably smaller than my male so I thought it was safe to add them with my 2 clowns. All are ocellaris clowns. They began working out the pecking order immediately. The slightly larger of the two locked up multiple times with my male and it seemed as if my female wasn't interested. She got into the mix a little here and there. My question is how long before I know if I got a male and female or two males?

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
honestly i would say the one you had originally would become female and one of the 2 you got (unless they have already matured to a pair and changed sex) would stay male and one would pair with the female and the other would either... a) find a spot where the female didn't beat him up or get territorial aggressive toward, b) become a trio with the female and you would have 2 males and a female (i had that in my 180, 2 nems and 1 female and 2 males. each male had a BTA and the female went back and forth), or c) one of the new ones will become female and pair with another male, or your female will choose a male, and then the other will get killed or stressed to death...